Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lochinvar hydro air - no heat when warm outside

mikehvac
mikehvac Member Posts: 11
edited May 2019 in THE MAIN WALL
I have a Lochinvar KBN boiler which uses hydro/an aquastat to provide forced air heating through Amana air handlers and an Argo controller. I was testing the system yesterday in prep for a home sale. It was ~70 degrees outside/inside and the heat didn’t come on even after setting the thermostat to 85 (boiler didn’t show any calls for heat). This morning it’s colder outside (~60 degrees) and heat came on after I repeated the test. Is this expected? I know Tekmar has a warm weather shutdown feature - does something similar exist for lochinvar/amana/argo? If not would the outdoor reset / heating curve settings explain this behavior?

Comments

• Leon82
    Leon82 Member Posts: 684
    Yes it has a warm weather shutdown. It's in the installer menu if I recall. Did it say blocked or shutdown during this?
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    edited May 2019
    Sounds like it is working perfectly. You don't need heat when it is 70 out. You can change the setting if you like or temporarily for service work.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    Rich_49
  • mikehvac
    mikehvac Member Posts: 11
    Thanks. Is that setting in the Argo controller, the Knight boiler, or somewhere else?
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    It will be in the knight boiler. You will need to look at the service manual. You push and hold a couple of the buttons and enter the service code.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    The air handler may also have an aquastat that may hold fan out if SWT is below diff .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833