Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

63 03 steam install

clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,103
It s been a long time since I post a steam install so here’s one . Sorry can’t see the steel but we insulated it . I had just gone back to do a secondary skim being it was a few months since it was in operation .hope u enjoy and pick away . Peace and good luck clammy

R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
JohnNYTinmankcopp

Comments

• clammy

NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
  • clammy
    This job was a reference job . It started out asa repair of 2 leaks on the steam main .we took care of them and the HO stated that the rads never really got to hot ,so we talked and he realized that his boiler was getting up there and that his basement was pretty warm so we insulated all the piping and checked our main pitch and added a few pipe hangers . While there he asked about replacement so I measured the edr and the old 6 section was very over sized at 30 years old and not piped correctly but did work in producing wet steam and slow heat .did the edr and came up w a 63 03 installed and all good .being 30 years ago the guys did all the near boiler piping in copper and tied the return above the water line and did use both tappings on the boiler but did the tie in between the risers and only used a single 2 inch riser it worked but when it can time to yank her out about 1/2 gallon of water dumped out . Unfortunately we had to cut back both returns and one supply to get the piping the way we like .Over all the HO is very pleased even gave me a thank call a month or so back over how pleased he is . He was a little surprised when I returned to skim the boiler and go over everything and told him no bill he wondered why told him that’s why u payed what u did I told u I be back and clean it again all covered in the install price I stated that’s what a professionals do plus most don’t want to pay separate for it later and like maintaince will put it off this way it gets done and it seems for free and we all know can’t work for free and that cleaning of a newly installed is a must for proper operation along w proper nbp . All main and rad vents have been replaced also peace and good luck clammy
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    ethicalpaulBobCSTEVEusaPAstlvortac
  • ethicalpaul
    ethicalpaul Member Posts: 5,695
    You were the HO’s hero that day for sure, @clammy
    NJ Steam Homeowner. See my sight glass boiler videos: https://bit.ly/3sZW1el
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    it's always nice to see a pro at work Clammy!! Keep up the excellent work, your customers are lucky to have you!!
    Tom
    ethicalpaul
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,476
    That's a great install, that homowner is lucky to have you on his side.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • clammy
    Thanks for the kind words I try to make them as good as I can with in reason without going completly crazy lol peace and good luck clammy
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    ethicalpaul
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Looks great and the follow up cleaning had to be a pleasant surprise!
  • clammy
    I try to be a man of my word when I tell a HO that I ll be back to clean there system in a couple of weeks it’s gonna happen .after all the time I spend doing a the correct nbp without a proper cleaning it’s meaningless and un professional in my eyes ,and a boiler w oil n crap in it will foam n prime and not produce dry steam that’s not why I went through all the trouble to pipe it correctly it’s one thing that when installing a steam boiler is as important as proper nbp ing is making sure it clean n not surging .again thanks for the kind words Peace and good luck and I finally have a listing here as RA Calmbacher’s LLC outta north jersey
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Fredethicalpaul
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    Nice job @clammy