Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

could use some plumbing help - problem solved

Options
Larry (from OSHA)
Larry (from OSHA) Member Posts: 717
edited February 2019 in THE MAIN WALL
I had a frozen zone that I thawed out and unfortunately not before a pipe split somewhere in the ceiling. I'm pretty sure of the location based on the puddle on the floor and the insulation wetness where I opened up the wall. The zone is isolated from the rest of the system so we still have heat in the rest of the house.

If you are in the Twin Cities area and can help me out, that would be great. Probably a pretty short section of 3/4 copper to replace and considering the location, a pro-press would be ideal.

Please private message me here. By the way, I did retire from OSHA a few years ago (if that matters).

Thanks,
Larry

Comments

• pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,861
    Options
    GOOD chance the pipe that froze also expanded, fittings and propress probably wont fir on it any longer. You'll need someone with a torch and brazing rod.

along with approved:
    Fire Guard
    Blankets
    Extinguishers
    face shield
    gloves
    FR clothing

:)
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    Hopefully it only split in one spot. I'd air test that loop before sending water thru it.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• STEAM DOCTOR
    STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,973
    Options
    > @pecmsg said:
    > GOOD chance the pipe that froze also expanded, fittings and propress probably wont fir on it any longer. You'll need someone with a torch and brazing rod.
    >
    > along with approved:
    > Fire Guard
    > Blankets
    > Extinguishers
    > face shield
    > gloves
    > FR clothing
    >
    > :)

Propress should work fine. I have pressed more frozen pipes then I would like to remember.
  • Larry (from OSHA)
    Options
    Thanks for the input. Now if someone from the Minneapolis area is able to help me out, that would be great.
  • Larry (from OSHA)
    Options
    Never as simple as you hope. Opened up a few areas only to find no pipe. It was buried in a spot with surprisingly no insulation. Broken 90 and replaced with some pex. Great work from Farr Plumbing and Heating.