Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Genisys Primary Control, broken reset button

STEVEusaPA
STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
I've come across this 3 times this year with new customers so I don't know the history of use (abuse?).
Seems like the reset button won't work on this primary. Won't press down, won't stop the burner, and of course, won't reset or let you into pump prime mode.

I took the latest one back to the shop, took it apart. Seems like you can work it back free again from the inside of the cover, so I'll throw it on the shelf as an emergency back up. I guess there is a tiny spring or something in there, just didn't want to destroy it to find it.

Anyone else come across this?
Just wondering.

Steve (freaking cold today)
steve

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Did it have a plastic film over the top of control
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    STEVEusaPA
  • GBart
    GBart Member Posts: 746
    I would contact Beckett, it's their product.
  • STEVEusaPA

Did it have a plastic film over the top of control

No plastic film, just the label with a clear film part over the button. But your comment had me take a razor knife and cut away the part over the button and it appears to work fine.
    steve
    DZoro
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,453
    Not an answer to your delema but would a burner with that defect still lock out on safety??
  • STEVEusaPA
    Didn’t test it, just replaced it. But I don’t think it would affect it.
    Seems to me the plastic that’s part of the label and over the button bonds to the button and wouldn’t let the button depress.
    So carefully cutting that away seemed to be the fix.
    I wonder if heat is the culprit-either from the burner or from the control itself.
    steve
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    edited February 2019
    That's funny. Never had that problem with the Genisys. I did get frustrated and pressed harder on the button. I figured they went from a button to a touch pad. Whoops. Now I know.
    Thanks
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    The heavier clear plastic covering can make the button very difficult to push. It's to help with water resistance. It's been redesigned
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    STEVEusaPAGBart
  • GBart
    GBart Member Posts: 746

The heavier clear plastic covering can make the button very difficult to push. It's to help with water resistance. It's been redesigned

is there a technical bulletin on it?