Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

VisionPro 8K

I have a 1 pipe steam system that runs off of a VisionPro 8K. There is an additional hot water loop that runs off the boiler that is controlled by a tekmar 512. Is the VisionPro capable of running both with zones or do I need to keep 2 Tstats since one steam and the other is hot water?

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Is this oil or gas?
    You can absolutely control the steam and hydro from one thermostat but the existing wiring at the boiler will likely need an isolation relay so the transformers dont butt heads.
  • gfrbrookline
    gfrbrookline Member Posts: 753
    Gas
  • gfrbrookline
    gfrbrookline Member Posts: 753
    The VisionPro controls the steam side with 4 wireless sensors. Can I add another wireless sensor to control the hot water loop? If so what do I need to do to dial it in?
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,616
    You can't independently control two different areas to different set points with one thermostat. You can add relays, move a sensor to the other area (The 8k is IIRC limited to 4 wireless sensors.) & control to the averaged temp. If the emitters overlap (both types in the same area) you can stage them in, bring on one type & if it can't keep up bring on the other system.

If you're just looking for consolidated control, get another 8k for the hydronic loop & a RedLINK gateway & you can manage them both from the interwebs or your phone. I'd even think about putting the stats together in the mechanical room.