Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Nice and Affordable Low Pressure Gauge

zackwattzackwatt Member Posts: 80
edited November 2018 in Strictly Steam
I just picked up this little pressure gauge from Zoro.com. It's 0-35 oz./sq. in. and very affordable! Gone with the useless 0-30psi one!

brandonf

Comments

• Looks nice and readable, but I couldn’t find it on their site-is there a link?—NBC
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Member Posts: 1,729
    1 pipe Peerless 63-03L in Cedar Grove, NJ, coal > oil > NG
  • ImYoungxDImYoungxD Member Posts: 127
    Saw this
    "Sign up for Zmail and get 15% off your first order."
    It'll be around $22 + $5 shipping
  • ShalomShalom Member Posts: 157
    Pretty sure the code requires the useless one to be left installed as well. (Has to be double the rating of the pressure relief, so if you have a 15PSI relief, you need a 30psi gauge.)
    question
  • JUGHNEJUGHNE Member Posts: 7,105
    Does it have an adjustment screw that lets you set it to zero?

Otherwise it looks good other than containing the alloy of Chinasiem. ;)
  • zackwattzackwatt Member Posts: 80
    JUGHNE said:

Does it have an adjustment screw that lets you set it to zero?

There is not one exposed, maybe it's one of the two screws on the face...
    JUGHNE said:

Otherwise it looks good other than containing the alloy of Chinasiem. ;)

At least it doesn't have the smell ;)
  • iamsteamediamsteamed Member Posts: 1
    Are you sure it is for steam? The specs say it it rated for up to 160 degrees.
  • ImYoungxDImYoungxD Member Posts: 127

Are you sure it is for steam? The specs say it it rated for up to 160 degrees.

Steam or heat won't reach the gauge.
    > @Jim_R said:
    > Isn't the pigtail for the vaporstat suppose to be turned " loop" front to back, another quarter turn or doesn't the expansion/contraction of the 'tail not matter with the non Mercury equipment.. ?

Shouldn’t matter—the pressure switch isn’t affected by minor (or maybe even major) orientation variance.
    > @iamsteamed said:
    > Are you sure it is for steam? The specs say it it rated for up to 160 degrees.

I bet it doesn’t hit 160 being protected by the water in the loop plus the air cushion above the water. I’ll have to measure mine, I’m curious now
  • FredFred Member Posts: 8,432
    Most of the gauges and even the Pressuretrols are rated at about 160 degrees. That's why the pigtail or some type of air pocket is required.
    ethicalpaul
  • zackwattzackwatt Member Posts: 80
    It may be a little hard to see in the photo, but the black iron section below the union is also a water "trap" and filled with water. It never even get's warm to the touch.

• ChrisJChrisJ Member Posts: 11,189
    Pigtail orientation only matters for Mercury type pressuretrols and vaporstats.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    Jim_R