Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What Many Contractors Have in Common

HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 635
edited November 2018 in THE MAIN WALL

What Many Contractors Have in Common

Read the full story here

Ironman

Comments

• Rich_L
    Rich_L Member Posts: 81
    What a fun story. Your Dad's a brilliant man, Erin! Thanks for sharing and starting my day with a smile!
  • dennya
    dennya Member Posts: 13
    Ditto what Rich said. thanks Erin and I did hug my kids this morning!
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,276
    Thanks for reading. He sure is!
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • patrickr
    patrickr Member Posts: 6
    Confession time: As a general building contractor I've never worked on a steam system. I've been in lots of steam tunnels but never touch. But the insights apply across all trades. I've got a Deadmen sticker on my truck - the only sticker. When people ask Ii tell them about Dan H. and how we should be proud of our work. Some of my sloppiest subs turned around when I write their name on the work over and over. They were not going to let future generations know they did poor work. Other principles apply also.

Erin, it's not easy raising a parent. You're doing a good job. Keep up the good work. We appreciate it!
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,276
    Thanks for being here!
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    He loves some more than others, lol
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    Good stuff, and very true.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Jackmartin
    Jackmartin Member Posts: 196
    Too true. Some of the people you meet in your travels are wellll, different. That what keeps you interested the equipment and the customers everyone is a individual, so they are all a mystery. Tell me, why do I always get paid on time by “working” people right away and wealthy people always drag their payment out until you threaten to come over and take out what you installed? I went into the trade some 45 years ago because I realized early I prefer machines to people, excepting my wife and two sons. Happy Holidays and may you not get called out on Xmas day, we wish! All the best Jack. Oh it might be a good winter got to -40 f.in Lynn Lake last week bring it on.