Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

t-stat

Options
jcaruana
jcaruana Member Posts: 1
replaced chromotherm heat only t-stat with a p200 white /rodgers. my old stat had 2 c, 1 w & 1 r terminals.
connected the w and r and left jumper as per the instructions. taped up the 2 c terminals not to use.
everything works except sliding the switch to off, does not shut the boiler and even though the desired temp is lower than the actual, the boiler still kick on.
did i do something wrong.?

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,324
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Try connecting the wire which was connected to R on the old thermostat to RH on the new one and disconnecting the jumper between RH and RC. Fan switch to auto, heat/cool to heat, press run... see what happens. The Chronotherm didn't have an RC terminal, so seems to me that the instructions are somewhat misleading...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    What type of system do you have?
    The new thermostat will need to be configured properly for either steam, hot water, or forced air.—NBC
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    Try switching the r and w wires. You may be powering the w terminal instead of the r terminal. Unless you have a meter in that case you can check for voltage.