Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Baseboard radiators for Steam

Hi there. Been a while. I need to install about 9' of baseboard radiation onto a 2 pipe Trane system. Do any folks have recommendations for radiator manufacturers I should consider for the radiator, trap and related fittings? I'm familiar with Burnham, but unfamiliar with the mfgs for the other items or other radiator mfgs. Thoughts? Thanks.

Comments

• Phil53
    Phil53 Member Posts: 73
    Burnham baseray or Weil McLain cast iron baseboard should work fine. Just connect supply at the top plugged opening and return with trap at the bottom opening on the opposite end.
  • NY_Rob
    NY_Rob Member Posts: 1,370
    Governdale makes GOV-BOARD which is the same as Burnham Baseray. Some supply houses may carry one but not the other- but they are the same product in the end.
  • Keith M
    Keith M Member Posts: 78
    If you want to use finned tube please see Slant/Fin's finned tune selection guide and in the technical data area. We have one page dedicated on info for applying our finned tube in one and two pipe systems. If you email me at kmuhlmeister@slantfin.com I will email a pdf copy of this to you.
    Just remember it is not recommended that you mix cast iron radiators with finned tube due to differences in thermal mass.
    Keith Muhlmeister
    Slant/Fin