Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

laars endurance ebp 110 issues

oreo123
oreo123 Member Posts: 48
Display is always blank. Power is present at 120 vac. Transformer has 24 ac output. Fuse is good.

Powered down and powered up to see one flash on the ignition control.

Ignition control card has the 120 and 24 vac.

If I unplug the blower fan from pwm - should I see 24 v dc at some of the terminals or does the pmw board need to sense being connected to the fan?

pwm control card gets signal from E2346500 a0 / aoc - what should those readings be?

Thanks.

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    The boards on those units are notoriously fragile. Flaky connections on the wiring harness and gas valve are also common.
    I would start by cleaning and testing all the connections. If you still have no display, it sounds like you need a new board.
    I would not recommend leaving a unit in service that has a defective control board.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • oreo123
    oreo123 Member Posts: 48
    Thanks for the follow up. The main / computer board had 24 v.a.c. but no display. Removed it and sent it out to a company to repair it. Will find out in a couple of days if they can repair it.

Next time around I am going back to a cast iron boiler and a stainless indirect (I have several stainless indirects and all are over 20). Electronic controls on heating systems, ranges, dishwashers do not last.

And next time around I don't want or need it compact as working in small areas is challenging.

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    edited July 2018
    I was very surprised when Laars bought out Heatmaker with their problematic boilers and continued to produce them as "Endurance".

The newer Mod/Cons are far more reliable....
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein