Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Prestige Solo175-250....2008 I think

EBEBRATT-Ed
EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
I don't claim to be a mod-con guy but I worked on one of these yesterday. The plastic blower wheel was broken up so I got that removed. Some plastic parts down in the burner tube.I guess you have to buy the whole blower, wheel and motor? Is that correct?. Needs a new ignitor and chamber top insulator and cleaning. Probably never serviced since the install. I also noticed some corrosion (white stuff) around the flue gas exhaust sensor and the sensor was loose in the flue pipe. I looked in the parts list but didn't see any clip etc to hold the sensor in place. Suppose I could red silicone it in place but I hate doing hack work.

I looked in the parts manual that was on the job and then tried looking up parts and the "newer" install manual on line. Looks like they changed things up??? Some part numbers have changed. this thing went down yesterday so I am sure the will be screaming for HW tomorrow.

Just wondering what I am getting myself into. Thinking I should dump this on one of the younger guys in our shop LOL Yeah, HAHA. Any have any experience with these cause I don't??

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    Sensor has a rubber grommet in it. Fan assembly has to be totally replaced. Comes w/ a special long screwdriver...
    Is this the MCBA version or the Trimax version?
    You can do this...
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    @kcopp
    Yeah, I am sure I can If I want to...

Does the long screwdriver help get that one screw on the blower that is a PIA??

Didn't see a rubber grommet on the sensor when I pulled it out. Just white corrosion around it. Sensor was in the flue pipe loosely. That flue would be under pressure so I would be concerned about flue gas leaking out.

MCBA or Trimax?? not sure 2008 boiler I think
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    yes the screwdriver helps with that.

You do what ever you can to make it safe.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    The blower assembley is a piece of cake no worries there. You may have to replace the flue pipe and that is also no problem. In fact every thing you mention can be done in less then 3 hours. Blower, igniter sensor, insulation ,Ect. With the boiler top off you can reach in and grab the broken bits of fan. Order a gasket if the insulation does not come with one.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    @unclejohn & @kcopp Thanks for the info. Parts are being overnighted.

I may not be the one going back but will pass the info along. I talked with one of our techs who will likely go. He has some experience with these boilers and has installed these as well, so he should be the one to go. LOL looks like I dodged a bullet.

What do you guys think of these boilers? I suspect this one hasn't been serviced since it was new.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Those are solid boilers. They had issues with the studs on the top of the HX snapping. Warranty has been good on that and other issues. I wonder if your fan failed as a result of exhaust/CA cross contamination. I would carefully inspect the venturi as well.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    delta Tkcopp