Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Has anyone used the Taco HS2 Design Software?

GRIZ
GRIZ Member Posts: 23
Has anyone used the Taco HS2 Design Software? I'm looking for a tool to help me size and ID components and for a radiator system remodel, as well as perfom/verify calculations.

Comments

• Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Contact Ra Puriri @ Taco . He is the master of all things software related to Taco .

http://blogs.heattransfersales.com/blog/hss-webinars

He does one on one sessions . Call or e mail him
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    I tried it a few times. It's not as intuitive as I would like, but it is free.
    Their website has a lot of tutorials and help.
    I think if I had the time to work on it, I would find I like it.
    steve
  • ScottSecor
    ScottSecor Member Posts: 851
    I'm very familiar with the software been using it for about seven years. We use it often for commercial or tricky residential designs. Yes, I agree the learning curve is long. It allows me to size pipes, flow rates, circulators, etc very easily.

Ask away if there is anything specific.
  • GRIZ
    Thanks. I needed to spend a little time playing with it.

How do you simulate the primary/secondary effect of closely spaced tees?
  • GRIZ
    I can't seem to get a primary/secondary loop to work with closely spaced tees or with a hydraulic separator.
  • ScottSecor
    Sorry for the delay, I just tried to do closely spaced tees and all it would do for me was draw in a dotted line. Basically it was supply and return directly to the system with a dotted bypass. Odd for sure.

With regard to the hydro separator, I've drawn many with one and never had an issue. Most but not all of my drawings were with multiple boilers.

• ScottSecor
    Update, I just downloaded the latest version, wow is it confusing now. Originally there were about five tabs at the top of the page, then ten or so now I just counted about twenty-six. Needless to say it is certainly not as easy for me to navigate the newest version. I have not upgraded to the "deluxe" version (that allows you to do a lot more than just boilers), but I may in the near future.
  • GRIZ
    Thanks for the input. I have set up a basic system, ignoring the primary/secondary and hyd sep issues for now. I've got several raidators going to home runs through a manifold, but when I run pump calculations I get ridiculous head values at the pump, like 33ft. Any ideas here?
  • SuperJ
    SuperJ Member Posts: 609
    edited May 2018
    there is a close tee under hydronic 4/fitting/taco/twintee

The default head loss thru the manifold seems excessive (5 on supply and 5 on return), you have to edit some of those assumptions to get reasonable numbers it seems.