Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Smart Girl!

Robert O'Brien
Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
GordySuperTech

Comments

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,060
    edited April 2018
    Rant.....Rant.....Rant
    Hopefully all those teachers and guidance councilors will do their expected duty and check up on her in 5 years. Doubtful.
    Or will they publish the numbers of degreed students who have some form of meaningful career.....and include their monthly payments for student loans ?........ ROI is the real guide.

Almost any "trade school" program is 18-24 months. And ours here have a "co-op" program in the middle of the process. You go out and actually do what is expected as an apprentice, this thins the herd down somewhat. But what is the student out for money?
    They simply learned to go down another road.

Dave Ramsey had a show dedicated to people who had only a student loan debt is excess of $100,000.....there were unbelievable situations of people with more debt than that and had nothing to show for it. I don't know if his talk show is archived but that day would be worth a listen.

"Proper academia" knows that they have, in effect, a signed blank check handed to them because of the student loan system. So the entire system is geared to send students to them, teachers were saddled with student debt and once tenured they accept the system. Parents have been brainwashed into believing that their child is special and should never consider a blue collar trade job.
    After college they can stay in the basement until their ship comes in.

End of Rant......(not really)........
    Rich_49GordyRobert O'BrienSuperTech
  • Parachute
    Parachute Member Posts: 25
    The real problem is that schools don't teach the really important stuff like how to manage money, how to plan and, increasingly, how to use social media to advance yourself and/or your business. I can't tell you how many folks I have seen in both the white collar and blue collar worlds that are smart but lack basic financial and risk-taking skills.
    CLamb
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,918
    I see it VERY slowly sinking in, in upper middle class suburbia in NY, but mostly just for boys.
    I see many of the father's are behind it, but less so the mother's. If an 18 year old can get in to a union apprenticeship, after 5 yrs. They can make 90K e bennies. AND NO LOANS!!
    Dave Ramsey would love that. Anyone who doesn't know who he is, please check out his radio & tv show and books. A no nonsense
    Financial.advisor that has changed many lives. Mad Dog
    JUGHNERobert O'BrienGordy