Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Noisy boiler

hvac58
hvac58 Member Posts: 2
Found boiler making steam found the boiler return had circulator on it with it pumping away from boiler and flow control on supply with flow towards boiler vents above boiler no air only water Is flow direction causing issue thank you

Comments

• hvac58
    hvac58 Member Posts: 2
    Also feed valve and bacflow are new pressure good
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    How many years has the boiler been in operation.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    So the way its piped, the return is the supply and the supply is the return? What kind of noise?
    Can you post some pics?
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    Was the pump just changed but installed backwards?
    kcopp
  • the_donut
    the_donut Member Posts: 374
    Is this a request for help? Pictures speak more than words. Take pictures of near boiler piping, circulators, compression tank, and any valves.
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,139
    @hvac58 Please take as many pictures as you can of the boiler, all of the pipes connected to it, the pump and electrical components. Then please post those pictures here. I'm extremely interested in what you found.
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    If your pump is installed backwards, in your case then when pumping it will drop the pressure in the boiler because the flow checks keep the water from flowing thru the boiler backwards.

The lower pressure will let the water boil at a lower temp.
    Please let us know.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Danger! A hot water boiler should NEVER make steam... Makes my sphincter do the momba....

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.