Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Popups. Heating help.com

brandonf
brandonf Member Posts: 205
Getting tons of spam pop-ups on this site and only on this site. Every time I log on to this site only my pop-up blocker goes crazy. Some of your advertisers may not be on the up-and-up.
Homeowner, Entrepreneur, Mechanic, Electrician,

"The toes you step on today are connected to the butt you'll have to kiss tomorrow". ---Vincent "Buddy" Cianci
Rich_49

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Pop ups are constant battle to control for both websites and consumers.
    I have not had any issues using Chrome in Windows 10.
    You might check and see if your computer has adware as well
    https://forum.heatinghelp.com/discussion/165482/pop-ups
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,170
    I've had no problems at all. Edge and Windows 10. Full bore Norton.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Well I seldom use my PC which has windows 10. I use my iPad. No problems. However when I tried to type this post the curser was in the box, and wouldn't let anything I typed show. I had to close out, and come back.

Deffinetly no pop ups though.
  • Gsmith
    Gsmith Member Posts: 431
    no issues with this site on either Chrome or IE on Windows 7.
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,139
    I get them too. Not every time I come here, but often I get a ton of blocked pop ups.
  • RayWohlfarth
    RayWohlfarth Member Posts: 1,459
    No issues with Safari on my Mac
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons
    New England SteamWorksGordy
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,276
    Thanks, Brandon. We've looked into this and haven't found anything. Our ad servers do not allow pop-ups. (We hate pop-ups too.) They may be coming from unwanted software or malware on your system. I recommend checking for suspicious apps or programs and running your anti-virus software.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,954
    I am having same issue. Pop ups getting instantly blocked. Not having this issue on any other websites. Not really affecting my usage of heatinghelp. I am using an Android phone. Will try to check on the PC later.
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,139
    I just got a brand new Android phone two weeks ago. The first website I went on was this one and i got instantly hit with the pop ups. Strangely enough it hasn't happened the last few days
  • the_donut
    the_donut Member Posts: 374
    Had this issue on my Android phone a few days ago. No issues on my iPad.
  • Dan_NJ
    Dan_NJ Member Posts: 247
    Seems like an intermittent problem. Had it happen earlier today and right now nothing.
  • Wellness
    Wellness Member Posts: 138
    As @Erin Holohan Haskell said, if heatinghelp.com is not serving popup ads, then the site is not the cause of the ads on your PC or mobile phone, especially since this is not the experience of most users on this site. Likely it's another app or, perhaps, something surreptitiously installed by another site previously visited or malware already on your phone or PC.
  • Gordy
    edited April 2018
    Apple......
  • Canucker
    Canucker Member Posts: 722
    > @Gordy said:
    > Apple......

Sucks? ;)
    You can have it good, fast or cheap. Pick two
  • Gordy
    edited April 2018
    Canucker said:

> @Gordy said:

> Apple......

Sucks? ;)

I've never had a problem on my apple devices with viruses, or pop ups, and I don't have antivirus,adware, or malware software that I had to purchase.

Some believe apple is over priced garbage. I was anti apple for years until I jumped ship. That's fine to each their own. All I know is iPads are worth their weight in gold when using in construction. Pro Core is an awesome program which can be run on any device, but the iPad is much better.

Okay @ChrisJ let me have it :D
  • brandonf
    brandonf Member Posts: 205
    I only get it when I use my Android phone on Google Chrome. I run antivirus on my phone a few times and never come up with anything. And for some reason it's only on this website. Idk.
    Homeowner, Entrepreneur, Mechanic, Electrician,

"The toes you step on today are connected to the butt you'll have to kiss tomorrow". ---Vincent "Buddy" Cianci