Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham Revolution NG Boiler Overheating

Options
CoachRick
CoachRick Member Posts: 3
Good evening! I have a 17 year old Burnham Revolution Gas Boiler model RV6NSL-L2. The primary loop on the boiler gets up to 220 degrees (this boiler has an internal primary loop with a multi speed cartridge pump in it). I replaced main the Aqua stat (Honeywell L8148E - well goes directly into one of the cast iron boiler sections) last year, and the boiler temp is still to hot. I do have a remote Aquastat controller on the supply main (Honeywell L6006A 1145). I have not replaced this one yet.
I can use some ideas on why the boiler is not shutting off until the temp gets to 220 degrees.

Thank you for your help with this!

Comments

• SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,160
    Options
    It sure sounds like a bad aquastat to me. Or you tridicator gauge is reading incorrectly. How are you confirming it's that hot? Is the boiler water literally boiler? Have you tried lowering the aquastat? Pictures would be helpful
    CoachRick
  • Danny Scully
    Danny Scully Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    Doesn’t the revolution have a sensor ON the primary piping somewhere?
    CoachRick
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    My guess is the internal pump or pump control board.
    CoachRick
  • CoachRick
    Options
    Great afternoon Guys!
    Thank you for the insight. Attached are some photos.
    The pump "Sounds" like it's running and the pump control panel "appears" to show that it's running off the VFD (varing it's speed based on the blinks).
    I'm going to get a heat gun tomorrow to confirm the gauge is accurate...but the pipe is very hot.
    Any additional thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks again!
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    does the gauge change on off cycles? is it making noise and our tripping the pressure relief valve? Do you have a gauge on your secondary loop and how high is this one going? How long has this been going on?
    CoachRick
  • CoachRick
    Options
    Problem solved! bad Temp gauge off the boiler. I used a heat gun and the gauge is off almost 40 degrees.
    THANK YOU all for your wisdom...very much appreciated!
    Happy Easter and God Bless!