Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mixing valve

cnmdesign
cnmdesign Member Posts: 103
Using a Taco 5000-3-G to mix water out of my DHW storage tank. Will the check valves in the mixer determine placement of the pressure tank or can I place it in the cold inlet just inside the mechanical room? Thanks
Combat Veteran owned, Final Salute LLC on FaceBook & Twitter.
www.afinalsalute.com

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    You'll want to place it between the tank and a check valve, especially if you have a back flow preventer on your incoming water service.
    steve
    kcoppcnmdesign
  • cnmdesign
    edited March 2018
    Steve thanks for your reply. At this time incoming cold water has no check valves. Only check valves in the system will be located inside the mixing valve on both the hot and cold side.
    www.afinalsalute.com
  • cnmdesign
    edited March 2018
    Will check valves in mixer increase expantion pressure in DHW tank?
    Thanks
    www.afinalsalute.com
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,419
    Put expansion (st-5) between the hot inlet to the mixing valve and the Hot water tank and there will be no issues....
    cnmdesign
  • BenDplumber
    BenDplumber Member Posts: 49
    make sure the air charge in the X tank is equal to water system pressure. adjust air charge before installation
    cnmdesign
  • cnmdesign
    Thanks, I all ready put in an inline water pressure gauge so I know exactly what the pressure is all the time. How much fluctuation can the system make up for before I have to change the tank pressure? It's on city water.
    www.afinalsalute.com
  • BenDplumber
    BenDplumber Member Posts: 49
    The air charge will adapt with incoming small fluctuations in pressure. You should not need readjust air charge unless you're experiencing system problems or if the static pressure is increased. Maybe check pressure every 6 months or so depending on system flow rates. Just make sure you remove water pressure from tank before checking or adjusting the air charge. Hope this helps.
    cnmdesign