Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Recommendations For Steam Heat Experts To Evaluate MA Condo Heating System

Options
Lexa
Lexa Member Posts: 2
Hello,

We are looking for names of "experts" (people who are well-regarded in evaluating and repairing steam heating systems) in the Boston area who can evaluate a multi-building steam system that has fallen into a state of disrepair. Specifically, we would like to know what our options are in terms of putting this system back into decent working order. Any recommendations (names and contact information, if known) would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,922
    Options
    You have come to the right place. Go to the
    FIND A CONTRACTOR tab at too of page and take your pick. Mad Dog
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    While you are waiting for the expert, why not start here, and describe the symptoms of your system.
    Bear in mind that when first installed, your system would have been quiet, even, and efficient.
    Some pictures of a few of the radiators, and the boiler and it’s piping would be very helpful to put in front of the many steam experts here.—NBC
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,280
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Two specific recommendations, either of whom could do an excellent job for you: Charles Garrity, @Charlie from wmass or @New England SteamWorks . I know Charles personally, and can vouch that he does very high quality work. I do not know the people at New England SteamWorks personally, but I have reviewed some of their projects and had some discussions with them, and can recommend them highly as well. Click on ether of the highlighted links for their contact information.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Lexa
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,322
    Options
    I service inside and outside Route 128. You can give me a call to discuss what your needs are.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • Lexa
    Lexa Member Posts: 2
    Options
    @Jamie Hall Thanks for the recommendations. We will contact the two you mentioned. If anyone else has additional names that would also be helpful as we may want to get a few opinions.
  • gfrbrookline
    gfrbrookline Member Posts: 753
    Options
    New England Steam Works worked wonders on my condo building in Brookline.