Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle Tube Prestige 110 will not fire unless there is a DHW.

Options
jbrolin
jbrolin Member Posts: 3
Hi, I am not sure how I ended up here but I found similar questions to mine on the Wall. So here goes.
I have a Triangle Tube Prestige 110 (About 4-5 years old) that will not fire or ignite unless I turn on the Hot water/ DHW. The thermostats say 67 but the actual heat is about 58. So It should start because there is a need for heat, but it wont. Only if I turn the Shower on and a DHW is called, then it ignites. My plumber has replaced the Gas intake Manifold which fixed one problem, but it still will not start unless there is a DHW. Before I go crazy... does anybody have any other suggestions? Obviously I am not a plumber...

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    You say "thermostats" which indicates there are multiple zones, correct? If so, there's probably some type of zone panel that all the stats connect to and which signals the boiler to fire. The problem could be there.

Some pics of the boiler, its near piping and controls would be helpful since your description is somewhat vague.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    jbrolin
  • Ironman
    Options
    Another thing that's also possible is that the boiler is in Warm Weather Shut Down. This occurs when the outside temp reaches about 70*.

If the outdoor sensor is bad or improperly located, the boiler could be held off at temps below 70*.
    Bob Boan
    jbrolinSolid_Fuel_Man
  • jbrolin
    Options
    Thank you Ironman, I ended up calling ACV and they fixed the issue, Hopefully. Seems the unit was not set up to get demands from the thermostat. He had me reset the temps down to 160 from 180. Then when I turned up the thermostat it fired right up! He also said, like you, that the outside sensor doesn't seem to be set up. So thank you for your expertise!
  • jbrolin
    Options
    Do you know how to close this conversation? Or end it?
  • Ironman
    Options
    If it's been in there for 3-4 years, how was it heating if it was not setup to do so? Did your repairman change the parameters?

I'm glad it's going for you, but something's missing from this puzzle.
    Bob Boan
    Hgold4423