Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Problem with Pressuretrol

Options
adambnyc
adambnyc Member Posts: 260
Hey all, happy holidays

I’ve got an issue with my Honeywell Pressuretrol. Normally it will cut out at 1.5 psi. It’s now cutting out at various pressures from 2.5 up to 5. I’m pretty sure it’s sticking somewhere. If I tap it when it’s up at 4PSI then it will cut out. I turned it down last night and then the boiler didn’t fire after I went to sleep... glad I caught it when the house hit 55

Should I hit this with WD40 or something somewhere? I have a new vaporstat coming in today and will be swapping it. I’d like to fix the Pressuretrol and use it as a backup but I need to be confident that it’s working properly.

Do you think it’s fixable or should it be trashed?

Thanks!

Comments

• Gsmith
    Gsmith Member Posts: 431
    Options
    Make sure the pigtail below the pressuretrol is clean and the hole in the bottom of the pressuretrol is also clear, make sure the boiler is off when you do this.
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    Do as @Gary Smith suggests. If the pigtail is clear, it is possible the contacts in the micro switch in the Pressuretrol have arc'd and are sticking together, almost like they are welded together. It may require that you replace it with a new unit, as a back-up to your vaporstat.
  • adambnyc
    Options
    I should have mentioned that I cleaned the pigtail and checked the hole. It sounds like I should just toss this. Maybe if I get bored one day I’ll mess around with it. Thanks
  • adambnyc
    Options
    Vaporstat is on and all is right again. Stay warm everyone and happy new year!