Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burdurs G115-4 w/ Carlin EZ1

Options
Hi everyone I’ve been dealing with a G115-4 with a Carlin EZ1 and a SS2 powerventer for the last few weeks, before I cleaned it the customer was having troubles with it tripping off. Even after I cleaned it, it’s still tripping off. I’ve replaced the fuel pump, burner cupling and also fixed the draft control put it back to a .05. Every 4ish days it will trip off now and I’ve called Carlin they are stuck as well the rep keeps telling me to bump up the fuel pressure to prevent the flame coming off the head

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,533
    Options
    What are your combustion #s??
  • BornForDying
    BornForDying Member Posts: 40
    Options
    I think we need a little more detail. What specifically did you do during the cleaning? Nozzle/filter/strainer? Combustion test? Brush heat exchanger?

Spark quality? Cad cell readings?

What is your nozzle/pump pressure combo now? What does buderus call for?
  • newagedawn
    newagedawn Member Posts: 586
    Options
    sounds like a cad cell or primary issue, or need to purge the oil line
    "The bitter taste of a poor install lasts far longer than the JOY of the lowest price"
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    Is the G215 approved by Buderus for power venting?
    News to me, it being a positive pressure boiler.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 177
    Options
    A G 115WS/4 with a Carlin EZ-1 calls for a .75 x 60° B nozzle at 160 PSI oil pressure with the head set at 0.75 and the breech draft set to -0.03" w.c.
    A G 115/28 with a Carlin EZ-1 calls for a Delavan .65 x 70° A or a Hago .65 x 60° ES at 150 PSI oil pressure with the head set at .60/.65 and the breech draft set to -0.03" w.c.

Both models are the same boiler, they ship with different firing rates to suit the customer's needs.