Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Noisy Boiler - Need Advice

Options
Steve_210
Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
Guys,
I'm hoping someone can help me. I recently installed a hot water condensing boiler from a well known manufacturer, but I have not installed a condensing boiler form this manufacturer before. Not Buderus, Not Lochinver. The problem is, the home owner is complaining about the noise levels. It is definitely a lot noisier than the Lochinver which is in the contractors house. I have a Buderus GB 142 in my house. This boiler is much noisier than both them. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice.Not sure what to tell the home owner.

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    What sort of noise are you noticing-combustion/exhaust noise, pump/water flow noise?—NBC
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,540
    Options
    Well, what boiler is it or is that a secret??
    Rich_49
  • mikeg2015
    mikeg2015 Member Posts: 1,194
    Options
    Navien is pretty noisy. No way to fix it other than build a closet around it with double
    Drywall or something.
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Options
    What type of noise is it? Combustion? Pump? Air flow? I usually found them to be fairly quiet. But all installs are not the same.
  • Steve_210
    Options
    Peerless
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Have you done a combustion analysis?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Steve_210
    Options
    Yes
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    With the owner present, can you jumper the wiring so as to run the pump only, and see what the noise levels are? Then run the boiler normally, and see the reaction.
    Are all the pumps oriented correctly in the horizontal or vertical?
    If it’s combustion noise, then the combustion test may show why it’s noisy. Other sources of noise may be: exhaust pipe fog horning, cross contamination of intake and exhaust, and noisy gas valve vibrations carried through unsupported piping,—NBC
  • Steve_210
    Options
    Pretty sure all the installation is correct I will check thanks for your help