Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TO Heatinghelp company

RLee
RLee Member Posts: 1
Dear Heatinghelp company, I emailed you a month ago or so and no one has email me back. I need help. I am hearing impaired and I was asking if you do you or company have grant or some kind of scholarship or something you need tax write off for end of this year to help me cover the cost? My HVAC (gaspack 2.5 BTU 80K) repairman checked the HVAC and they all said the same thing that the HVAC is not safe and must be replace. So far I found the lowest $4000.00 to replace out of 5 different repairman but I do not have this kind of money... I am so cold in the house. Please let me know? I am sorry for my bad grammar here as English is not my language but I hope this is understandable. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,176
    @RLee -- Heating Help is not really a company in the usual sense. Rather, it is a web site and a place for mutual discussion and information and help by a variety of mostly very highly qualified professionals, each of whom has their own business -- and a smattering of interested non-professionals, such as myself, who try to help as much as we can.

The whole thing is run by two really wonderful and dedicated individuals: Dan Holohan and his daughter Erin. I doubt that their compensation for running it has much to do with money (though I hope they more or less break even) but rather with helping folks out by the sharing of useful information.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,273
    Hello, You might want to get in touch with social services in your area and see if they offer any assistance, or know of an agency that does. Certainly they don't want their residents freezing!

Yours, Larry

ps, I'd also get a second opinion on your heater, just to confirm.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Also try your church they usually have a program to help parishioners.
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,276
    edited December 2017
    Hi @RLee, I'm so sorry to hear about your HVAC. I did reply to your earlier message, but perhaps it got sent to spam?

As Jamie said, HeatingHelp.com is a resource website and online community. We do not offer grants or scholarships.

I agree with Larry's and John's recommendations.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com