Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Problem with Hydro Level VXT 110V

Options

Hi Guys, having a problem (or I think I have a problem) with a Hydro Level VXT 110V. Boiler seems to be getting flooded over a 12-24 hour period. Please see attached picture. The meter continues to read 0. I have a union on the feed line to the boiler. When I break it there's no water coming through. Just wondering has anyone ever seen these units feed water periodically and not register on the meter? I've checked multiple apartments to see if I could find any other reason, but I cannot see where the boiler is getting the water from.

Comments

• The Steam Whisperer
    The Steam Whisperer Member Posts: 1,215
    Options
    If the boiler power shuts down momentarily, the feeder will feed momonetarily when it the controls power up again.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    Could the control wiring be wrong so as to cycle the power to the feeder with the T-stat or pressure control. When it should, I assume, be powered continuously? Feeding as Whisperer suggested.
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    Is there a manual feed that bypasses the VXT? What kind of valve is on there? May be leaking past that valve.
  • New England SteamWorks
    New England SteamWorks Member Posts: 1,505
    edited November 2017
    Options
    We need a better picture(s) of how the VXT is piped. I only see one valve with the handle removed and wire tied.
    New England SteamWorks
    Service, Installation, & Restoration of Steam Heating Systems
    newenglandsteamworks.com
  • Steve_210
    Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    It was a pinhole in one the hot water coil's,
    I just couldn't except that it could've gone within 12 months
    Stubbornness I know
  • New England SteamWorks
    Options
    I wouldn't have accepted it either...