Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless Boiler Pf140 sound

mcoeks
mcoeks Member Posts: 13
I do have my boiler cleaned and checked each year. Sometimes when its warmer outside and water temp is warmer due to an outside sensor. Sometimes I hear like not enough gas and once in a great while a hear a louder boom from the boiler. I've had the company check it out and they say everything checks out. Any ideas? I've also had two different repair places out but I think both have no knowledge on these high efficient boilers.

Sound File of what it sounds like
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iw5oDVvfJtMqdqHzUVtfRbpIl-z8fQsJ/view?usp=sharing

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,419
    Could be delayed light off. LP or Natural gas? Have they done a complete teardown of the boiler?
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Yeah, sounds like delayed ignition. Anyone do a combustion analysis?
  • mcoeks
    This is natural gas and the unit is around 7 years. Last time they just cleaned the combustion chamber. I have someone coming tomorrow morning first thing. Its weird cause if the boiler keeps running and hasn't been off for a long time no issues. No one has ever done a combustion analysis even the company who installed it and has been out. I have another company coming out since I don't trust the original.
  • mcoeks
    Forgot to add every time they do come out its running with no issues. What should they be doing when they come out? I had a cleaning done one time and they guy had a rag and cleaned the dust off my boiler and oiled my pump. I said something and he cleaned out the flame sensor he said that's all he could so.

Thanks!
  • VinMaker
    VinMaker Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2017
    Remove burner check Igniter gap they maybe not correct at first and may need to be adjusted at distance to burner call pbheat tech services if you don't know how to do this.
    Ask for Mr. Stone he may tell you won a free ticket for two to Burger World ..Lol ....great guy.
    check inlet gas pressure when boiler is operating! Not static (static is not operating) but check it operating if you can get 7" wc with Natural gas or with Lp 11" (low gas or near low can help cause a hard lite off.) inlet gas pressure should be checked at valve do to pressure drop.
    After all that check combustions
    CO2 9.0 to 9.5 high and low fire Natural Gas. Also Check swirl plate if warn away replace and repeat above steps for combustion.
    Quote by a Great Mentor to me- The thing we take for granted are sometimes our biggest enemy.