Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How to raise daughters

Options
HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 637
edited August 2017 in THE MAIN WALL
How to raise daughters

Read the full story here

Roohollah

Comments

• WayneMech
    WayneMech Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Would it seem unmanly to admit that I shed a couple of tears, while reading this? Our youngest started High School this fall. Our middle son is studying to be a Pastor. The oldest son is getting married next month. Time is not linear, it is logarithmic.
  • ARsales1
    ARsales1 Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Wayne,
    I share your sentiment. Having a daughter myself, it brings back some good memories and causes some reflection of the opportunities missed.

Dan and Erin,
    Team Holohan has a way of slowing us down and causing us to ponder on what's really important.

Dan,
    You have changed and affected many lives, mine being just a small one and these little life sharing's add to the value you have added to many of our lives.

Erin,
    i for one appreciate you "picking up the torch" and carrying on this legacy and at the same time creating your own.

Thank You to you both.

Sincerely,
    Anthony A Reikow
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,284
    Options
    Thank you, Wayne and Anthony. This story is one of my favorites. My daughter is starting preschool next week, so I'm sure our Dreaded Bear Report is just around the corner.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Thanks, guys. I can't read that story without tearing up, and I know what's coming. It happened again this morning when Erin sent it out. It gets to me every time. Thanks so much for the kind words.
    Retired and loving it.
  • NY_Rob
    NY_Rob Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

My daughter is starting preschool next week....

We were fortunate that my wife's work schedule was very flexible when our two daughters were in Pre-K through high school.
    Even though there were morning events in Pre-K and Grade School that I couldn't attend... my wife never missed any! She dutifully took video of all the tea-parties, plays, book parties, etc.. so I could watch them later. I'm extremely grateful she recorded all of it! Both girls are in college now, and it's amazing when we look back at the videos she recorded 15 yrs ago with their little squeaky voices and cute homemade outfits.
    We happened to watch a thanksgiving video taken when my oldest (now a senior in college) was in Pre-K putting on a pilgrim/Indian skit singing "Albuquerque was a turkey"! There wasn't a dry eye in the room when it was finished!

I guess the long winded thing I'm trying to say is... your kids are more important than anything else... and record everything :)

Good luck with Pre-K, hopefully daughter will enjoy it as much as ours did!

• Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,284
    Options
    Rob, that's so sweet. Thanks for sharing. We're having a blast. And I'll keep the camera rolling. Great point!
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
    NY_Rob
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Amen, Rob!
    Retired and loving it.
  • steamfitter
    steamfitter Member Posts: 156
    Options
    Team Holohan,
    Wonderful story! My wife Helen always says, "We make a great team honey"! and I love it every time. I often tell my two children, now 22 and 28 yrs. of age, that we are a team, so try not to worry. Tough to do today withat all the pressure they have. I have sweet memories of their grade school days at St. Mary's School.

My son has a B.A. from Fairfield University, works full time at his high school in Lincroft, N.J. (Christian Brothers Academy) and he's into his 3rd year at Seton Hall Law School as he attends full time in the evenings after work. I don't know how he does it.

My daughter is in her last semester at Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken, N.J. The history of Stevens is attached to that of Steam which I love! Stevens invented the 1st small steam driven locomotive. It's an extremely challenging school. I don't know how she does it.

But as I read this wonderful article something did occur to me. I, like Dan, have invested a good amount of time rearing my children. But it was all perpetuated by my loving wife, Helen, who deserves most of the credit. So Dan, with no disrespect to you, may I please take liberties to pay tribute to your "Lovely Marianne."
    Blessings to Team Holohan! And as Bob Hope would sing, "Thanks for the Memories!"

Best,
    Manny Ferrer
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Thanks! It sounds to me like your team has it figured out for sure. Thanks so much for sharing the gorgeous story.
    Retired and loving it.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    Options
    Being a family of four, I made a wall scroll of a verse from Crosby Stills and Nash, Helplessly Hoping. The last line I added "four".

They are one person
    They are two alone
    They are three together
    They are four, for each other
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Perfect
    Retired and loving it.