Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Cast iron baseboard question

Options
rickster05
rickster05 Member Posts: 39
Just picked up 19 ft of Crane baseboard. One unit is 13 ft and one is 6 ft. They will be in series one next to the other. If I connect the two on the top ports where I am continuing the series, can I just vent the top end of the second unit? My grandfather was a plumber and I learned a lot from hom regarding plumbing, but this is the first time I have repurposed cast iron baseboards. I'm assuming that since I am using the top port to connect I can just add a bleader on the top of the last register. Thanks all!
Tarm Solo Plus wood boiler with 600 gal storage tank using repurposed cast iron radiators.

Comments

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,062
    Options
    Hot water or steam?
    rickster05
  • NY_Rob
    NY_Rob Member Posts: 1,370
    Options
    Here's this instructions for venting on Burnham BaseRay/Gov-Board cast iron baseboard...

Venting-
    When two or more Gov-Board assemblies are connected in series on a hot water job it is necessary to vent each assembly, unless the assemblies are connected at the top tapping.
    When connected in series on a two-pipe steam job, the assemblies should be connected at the bottom, and only one steam air vent need be used.
    rickster05
  • rickster05
    Options
    Thanks guys! I should have mentioned it was forced hot water.
    Tarm Solo Plus wood boiler with 600 gal storage tank using repurposed cast iron radiators.
  • rickster05
    Options
    Looks like the top port connection then with a single vent in the top port of the second register.