Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heating Edge 2 Upgrade....

NY_Rob
NY_Rob Member Posts: 1,370
Now that my cast iron baseboard upgrade is done... it's on to a few Heating Edge 2 upgrades.

I have three rooms that could use more BTU output with my mod-con's 130f AWT.
No place in any of the three rooms to add additional sections of Fine Line 30 like I was able to do in the upstairs bedrooms last fall. So, as recommended by a few of the pros here- I'm going to directly replace sections of Fine Line 30 baseboard with the high efficiency/low temp (twin tube) "Heating Edge 2" baseboard.

Fine Line 30 output at 130F AWT = 260BTU/ft
Heating Edge 2 output at 130F AWT = 460BTU/ft

I'm replacing 22' total of Fine Line 30 with HE2 for a total gain of 4,400 BTU's (at 130F AWT).

One 11' section (Den) HE2 BTU gain over Fine Line 30 = 2,200
One 7' section (Kitchen) HE2 BTU gain over Fine Line 30 =1,400
One 4' section (Bathroom) HE2 BTU gain over Fine Line 30 =800

Unfortunately, it looks like the supply & return riser positions/heights and wall offsets between the Fine Line 30 and the HE2 are slightly different, so some "adjustments" will need to be made.
Will be going all copper again- no PEX.

Comments

• Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Maybe this HE3 baseboard better suits your project . BSRIA verified outputs @ your preferred SWT .

http://smithsep.com/wp-content/uploads/Silent-Fin-Heating-Edge-Literature.pdf
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • NY_Rob
    NY_Rob Member Posts: 1,370
    ^ thanks Rich...

HE3 may be a better fit for the 4' bathroom section where the riser is embedded in ceramic tile grout. I'll have to take a closer look?

The other two locations aren't going to be a problem with the HE2 profile.

Thanks again for the advice..