Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Another rather unique Combi unit

Options
hot_rod
hot_rod Member Posts: 22,143
trip lever over heat protection.
Bob "hot rod" Rohr
trainer for Caleffi NA
Living the hydronic dream
JUGHNEkcoppHenrydelta TSolid_Fuel_Man

Comments

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    If that is a rug on the ground around the WC? if so that is really tacky and unsanitary.
    Never carpet around the toilet.....just bad.
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Options
    That's about as redneck as anything I've ever seen!

Looks like a good remedy for headaches though...
    If you sit on the toilet, you may find your aspirin. Aspirin they say will make your head stop hurting. But only if your aspirin hurt enough to take your mind off your headache.
    If none of that works, you can still get drunk
  • mcgee45
    mcgee45 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Seen almost the same pic the other day. Different ways to enjoy the heat.
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 884
    Options
    Reminds me of the old days, when we use to stick 6 packs in the back of toilets and drink them on "bathroom breaks". Ohhh, to be 18 and dumb again.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
    Canucker
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    Options
    It think the owner is a hot s##t....
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,478
    Options
    Overseas we used to bury 6 packs in moist sand, douse the sand with gasoline and light it off. Not quite as good as a cool mountain stream but when you were stuck in the flat lands it worked - especially since army gas is FREE.

It amazed me that as an NCO I was rationed to 8 six packs of beer a month (not counting the NCO club or the village. I could also buy 30 quarts of wine and 8 quarts of hard stuff so all was not lost.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    Cigarettes, hard liquor and gas were rationed for me.
    Maybe 3-4 cartons per week, several 1/2 gallon bottles of hard liquor. Hard to get thru that amount by yourself for those. There was a thing called the black market that was a place to use up your rations.

Gas rationing did not give you excessive amounts. I stock piled 55 gallons that I left with in my (but what else) VW van toward India in 1974. Was paying 30 cents in Iran when the US was waiting in gas lines. 80 cents in Turkey and Afghanistan. Amazing to look back and think you could drive thru those countries then without being in danger.....well I didn't notice any then....but when you are 24 nothing is dangerous. B)
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    Options
    We used MPC and we're rationed pretty tight...Mamason hated it when they blew the recall whistle and changed the color of the funny money, MPC
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,478
    Options
    The changeover I experienced had the CO come up to the site to exchange our money, we were very remote and the site could not be shut down for that kind of silliness. I remember a lot of VERY upset people when they changed the script. There was a great MASH episode about this.

I do remember one junior company XO ordering me to shut down the site and have everybody from the site on the PT field at 0730 on a Monday morning. When battalion found out about that order that shavetail learned a lesson he never forgot and I was told to administer the PT test locally by the major. We all did MANY 12 oz curls to pass that test.

The good old days when men were men and sheep were scared.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    Nothing better than porcelain to hold the heat once you get it there. You get enough hot links on the grill and enough beers down the hatch, mind may wander; hot links...toilet, hot links..toilet.....might not be too appetizing. You might decide to stay with just plain old beer.

I know you're innovate HR, but that takes the cake, no? Ellen must have been out of town then - just you and the boys?. Glad to see that you have a garden hose ready if things get out of hand.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab