Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Test meters

EBEBRATT-Ed
EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
I had a Fluke 902 clamp meter for years. Lost it somewhere (I know Dummy) I liked that meter. Did microamps, dc volts etc.

Usually I don't lose things but they get misplaced or "lost" jammed under a seat, fallen down behind a shelf etc. and I usually always find everything (just don't have it when I need it LOL)

I have been getting by with my "back up" for a few months hoping I would find it.

But it's gone.

before I buy another Fluke, what are you using and is there anything better?

Comments

• ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,615
    I mentioned a few of my meters here. Since then, I've temporarily misplaced the UEI, and use the 376 mostly. Note that the Fluke Connect app only works on a few old phones, or that was the case six months ago. I couldn't verify if they've added more phones to the list, they managed to break their web page in FF and IE as well. <sigh>
  • newagedawn
    newagedawn Member Posts: 586
    i like the fieldpiece hs- 36 does all of the fluke and more, has a temp probe also ( thermocouple actually)
    "The bitter taste of a poor install lasts far longer than the JOY of the lowest price"
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Fluke is "it" in my book.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,583
    Simpson 8P with 150-2AC Amp-Clamp Adapter.

:)
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment