Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Panel Rads.

njtommy
njtommy Member Posts: 1,105
edited March 2017 in THE MAIN WALL
Hey guys I'm looking for some Panel Rads I've so far looked at Runtal and Buderus. My wife likes the looks of the Runtal units with horizontal lines. I was think more of the Buderus do to the btu out put at 140f supply water temp seems higher.

I'm trying to run a max water temp of 140 at 5f out side. House heat loss is 40k at 1800 sqft according to Slant fin app, but I don't really believe it cause I really never see my boiler go over 25% firing rate with my hydroair set up. Unless the garage zone is calling. Also before getting NG my 3ton heatpump would keep the house at 68f even when it got down to the 5f range. It just would never shut off.

So anyway. Looking for some other options and recommendations to show the wife.

Also will being pulling a home run to each rad and going to be using TRVS.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    edited March 2017
    Runtal, Buderus, Pensotti, Myson. They're all about the same. Just make sure you size them right.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Will be nice. ECM pump/home run/TRV...can't beat it. I've always chosen Bud over Runtal purely for cost. IMO Runtal does appeal more aesthetically.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,588
    I forgot you were doing the panel rads.
    I still have a hope to be finished before you. Nice!

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • njtommy
    @ChrisJ I hope to have my AC up and running before Easter so we will see what happens.
  • ChrisJ
    edited March 2017
    njtommy said:

@ChrisJ I hope to have my AC up and running before Easter so we will see what happens.

Oh man.........
    I doubt I'll be even close to ready by then. I hope by May I'll be ready to vacuum but chances are not until the end of May. I might be suffering some this year.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,103
    Hello tommy ,im based in north jersey and have used buderus panel rads w mod con with excellent results ,even though it was a little bit of a hard sale with custermers the advantages of them with use of a mod con is excellent .the 2 complete system i have done manange to work at design temp at 130 at 10 oat .i find that there easier to rough in compared to a runtal and the fact u can get a by pass divertor/isolation valve at the rad and a trv .My own system has been in for a bit over 10 years n no issues .i find them excellent for retro jobs over baseboard installes espiclly when dealing w hi base moulding ,balloon framing and of course excellent old plaster jobs just waiting to be touched .I have also used for hi temp systems with excellent results .i dont know that many contractors heating cooling plumbing in my area that uses them or know squat about them .i discovered them over 20 years ago in germany and loved them .I pushed selling them but it s a hard sale . i personally feel there much quicker to rough in depending of piping arrraigements (home run 2 pioe reverse return)and even quicker to install over baseboard .No more carring boxes of baseboard through finished just painted homes then laying them out screwing backers and all tht crap .One box impact gun cutter level and in 10 to 15 minutes your on to the next one easy .After over 20 years i always mention them when looking at jobs but rarely sell its not that there overly expensive peopel just don t see the valve so i sell em baseboard zone valves and t stats make even more money lol peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • njtommy
    Thanks @clammy I'm in southern NJ house is a 1978 rancher with not a hole lot of charm or personality. So hopefully these will help out and keep us nice and toasty as well.

I'm definitely leaning towards the Buderus units. Hopefully I'm able to design with 140 supply and able to not take up too much wall space. It's good to hear they are easy to install and with many different valve options.
  • ChrisJ
    I've had about all the "charm and personality" I can tolerate. Like when you go to cut a hole and there's a 2x4 on the flat in a wall where it shouldn't be. Or the joists are 14" on center where you thought it was 16 because the rest are 16.
    njtommyGordy
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,453
    @ChrisJ , LOL no fun but a sawzall can "fix" almost anything................. or destroy it.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Panel rad is a panel rad and a brand is just a brand..
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
    kcopp