Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

FREE Powerpile Self Generating systems class

Tim McElwain
Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
How many of you still service self generating (Honeywell Powerpile Robertshaw Thermopile) systems? If there was a one day FREE school on the subject how many would be interested?

Comments

• EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,294
    I would be interested Tim.
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
    347 Member Posts: 143
    Me too
  • Paul S_3
    Paul S_3 Member Posts: 1,261
    Me too
    ASM Mechanical Company
    Located in Staten Island NY
    Servicing all 5 boroughs of NYC.
    347-692-4777
    ASMMECHANICALCORP@GMAIL.COM
    ASMHVACNYC.COM
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/asm-mechanical-company
  • BornForDying
    BornForDying Member Posts: 40
    Do you provide any online training/webinars? Id be interested in that, as travel is difficult.
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Same here, I'm in the NE corner of the country and it takes 5 hours just to get out of Maine.... :# I'd do a webinar for sure. Time away and traveling make it difficult to do some training.
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,951
    Ditto on interest in webinar
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,615
    I'd love some kind of pdf/PowerPoint self-study. Docs to keep on my phone/laptop are what I like the best.
    Mike
  • Tim McElwain
    My training center is located in Warren, RI so it would have to done there. I do not do webinars. I could put a PowerPoint together but it would not be free.
  • Tim McElwain
    For those who would be interested in traveling to my facility at 338 Metacaom Ave. Warren, RI 02885 contact me at gastc@cox.net.
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Oh, I would love to get a chance to meet Tim and some wallies too! What kind of timeframe?
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
  • Tim McElwain
    I am looking at sometime in April when I have some free time. The presentation that I do is an all day class.
  • Tim McElwain
    This is a chance to see my training center and get a little free training on Powerpile. I am the resident expert on the subject as I have worked on thousands of these system and really know all the tricks to properly diagnosing this system. Others may offer training on Powerpile but what we offer is the cats MEOW.

Powerpile is still being used on fireplace inserts, water heaters and certainly pool heaters. we cover it all.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Will the class demonstrate how to shake sense into people who still have these systems?
    No power? Flip the switch and open the flow valve. Then go back upstairs, break out the fondue set and the Donna Summers vinyl.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Sorry Tim. I know there are other applications, I'm just bored.
  • Tim McElwain
    I have to units in my house on Powerpile, my central heating warm air furnace and a thru the wall Temco space heater. Sure is great when you have a power failure.
  • Tim McElwain
    I need to hear from some of you as this is FREE but not going to run the class for just one or two.
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Come on guys! I flew from Alaska to attend his classes, and paid for it. How far can you be? It's FREE. That is a very good price.
    Rick
    Tinman
  • EzzyT
    I'm in
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    201-887-8856
  • Tim McElwain
    If you are interested send me an e-mail at gastc@cox.net
  • EzzyT
    Tim I sent you an email
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    201-887-8856
  • Tim McElwain
    I got it.
  • Tim McElwain
    I am looking to do this class on Thursday April 13 from 8 AM until 4:30 PM. There are plenty of hotels nearby for those who plan to travel. More info will follow later when I send out my monthly e-mail newsletter.
  • Tim McElwain
    For those planning to attend please send me an e-mail and I will send you back a list of hotels locally you can use. The actual location of the training center is 338 Metacom Ave, Warren, RI 02885. I also would appreciate a final e-mail confirming that you are coming so I can plan refreshments. Lunch is on you and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. I will be sending more information out in my monthly e-mail newsletter. If you are not on my e-mail list contact me at gastc@cox.net and we will put you on.
  • Tim McElwain
    So far seven techs have signed up we have room for more.