Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Missing Manual for Peerless Gas Boiler G-661-SP

Carco
Carco Member Posts: 39
Good evening everyone,

Happy holidays and happy new year. Im reaching out to you all to see if I can obtain the user manual for my gas powered steam boiler labelled g-661-sp. I contacted peerless and they stated that my boiler was manufactured by the previous company and they do not have any documentation on this product which is mind boggling in itself.

Also, I just had a plumber replace the site gauge, pressurtrol, boiler water control and the automatic water switch. The unit seems to short cycle. I turns on for 5 mins and then turns off for 5 mins then back on for 5. Any idea what could be the cause for that? Thank you all and I look forward to hearing from you.

Comments

• BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,476
    Was it doing this before you had it worked n?

Does it come up to steam and if so what pressure is it reaching?

Is the thermostat set up for steam?

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Was the Thermostat also replaced? If so, is it a Programmable thermostat? They are shipped from the factory with a default setting for Forced air heat. If you have the manual for the Thermostat, find the program code for the "type of Heating system" and program that for " 1 CPH" Cycle per hour. It sounds like it is set for 5 cycles per hour now.
  • Carco
    I currently own a ecobee 3 thermostat.
  • Carco
    Yes the system was working properly but then started short cycling which caused my plumber to replace all those items but it is still short cycling.
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Did your plumber, by chance, install a Cyclegard Low water cut-off on your boiler? If it is a Cyclegard, they are designed to shut the boiler down every 10 minutes or so to check the water level. They are a PITA and you would probably be better off with a Safegard Low water cut-off. I'm wondering if you had the Safegard before he replaced it???
    Also, you say you currently own an Ecobee 3. Did you change that thermostat recently?
  • Carco
    He replaced the mcdougal and miller boiler water control along with the pressutrol and electric water control. The ecobee 3 has been my thermo since the day I moved in and the boiler was fine with it.
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,476
    Is the water in the sight glass jumping around a lot? Any remodeling done over the summer that might have desturbed the piping to the radiators?

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    Pics of the boiler and surrounding piping?