Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help circulator pump to r845a

Hi had a new gas steam boiler installed (crown ) and the plumber never got the baseboard heat that was running fine before working he replaced the circulator pump a taco but I've been trying to trouble shoot with no luck. Turn the tstat on and it clicks the relay but no power to the pump. Have power to terminal 1. Any advice is greatly appreciated trying to get the heat on for the in-laws who are coming to visit!

Comments

• Paul S_3
    Paul S_3 Member Posts: 1,261
    Is there a jumper between 1 & 3?....you should get plumber to come back...you paid him right?
    ASM Mechanical Company
    Located in Staten Island NY
    Servicing all 5 boroughs of NYC.
    347-692-4777
    ASMMECHANICALCORP@GMAIL.COM
    ASMHVACNYC.COM
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/asm-mechanical-company
    kmar35
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    What is on 3,4,5 and 6? How about the neutrals.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    kmar35
  • kmar35
    kmar35 Member Posts: 6
    No jumper between 1 and 3 is that what I'm missing? Thought that is what the relay switched on. I would rather deal with it myself then call him back he did a good job on the boiler but was always hard to get back once it was "done" got a better plumber since but trying to save $$ I just unscrewed the screws on pic
  • Paul S_3
    edited November 2016
    Its wired wrong....if the bx on the left is going to the pump.....put the white wire thats one term 4 to term 2 thats your nuetral to the pump....put a jumper between terminal 1 & 3 and switch the black wire from terminal 3 to terminal 4 (thats your hot to the pump)....where are the screws for the terminals? Also this is not going to turn on the boiler just the pump....theres no wires on terminals 5 & 6 for a boiler enable with a aquastat
    ASM Mechanical Company
    347-692-4777
    ASMHVACNYC.COM
    kmar35Zman
  • kmar35
    5 and 6 are blank and 3 and 4 are to the circulator 3 is going to the white on pump and 4 is going to yellow
  • kmar35
    null
    The bx on the left is the power number 1 has 120 the bx on the right is the pump
  • Paul S_3
    Wire it the way i stated above....put the 2 white wires on terminal #2.....put the black wire from the pump to terminal #4.....put the other black wire (120v hot) to terminal #1 and put a jumper between terminals #1 & #3....
    ASM Mechanical Company
    347-692-4777
    ASMHVACNYC.COM
  • kmar35
    Paul previously it never kicked on the boiler it would only go on if the boiler was on it heats a very small room. So I will jump 1 to 3 and see if i get power to the pump
  • kmar35
    OK it's working! That is awesome thank you Paul you are a wise man I really appreciate it
    Paul S_3
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Paul S said:

Its wired wrong....if the bx on the left is going to the pump.....put the white wire thats one term 4 to term 2 thats your nuetral to the pump....put a jumper between terminal 1 & 3 and switch the black wire from terminal 3 to terminal 4 (thats your hot to the pump)....where are the screws for the terminals? Also this is not going to turn on the boiler just the pump....theres no wires on terminals 5 & 6 for a boiler enable with a aquastat

Exactly, if you have a low temp option on the boiler controller land 5 and 6 there
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    Paul S_3