Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lochinvar User Interface Flashing

ced48
ced48 Member Posts: 469
edited September 2016 in THE MAIN WALL
Anyone ever have a Lochinvar user interface screen turn blue on its own, and continue to flash between an image of the scroll feature, and "setpoint"? I shut down the boiler, turned it back on, that got rid of the light, but I'm still getting the scroll and setpoint in the bottom of the screen.

Comments

• delta T
    delta T Member Posts: 884
    Never seen that before.......I would call tech support.

615-889-8900
  • ced48
    The guy I got said he had never heard of it either, but thought it had to be the user interface. I'd hate to swap it out and find out it was the computer.
  • delta T
    delta T Member Posts: 884
    Does the boiler work? I'm wondering if maybe it is the scroll wheel mechanism not working correctly? not sure. The main boards seem pretty robust in my experience, I had one where a pump flange seal blew out and completely soaked the boiler. Got there the next day, and once I got the flange gasket replaced, pressurized the boiler, flipped the switch for **** and grins, and the damn thing rampped up, ignited and modulated burning just fine for ten minutes. The display was dead, but the main board obviously was working fine. Couldn't believe it. We replaced the board anyways obviously, but it was still apparently working.

My money is on the user interface FWIW
  • ced48
    Yes, the boiler works fine. To clarify, the bottom line of the user interface screen goes back and forth between reading scroll and set point. I just don't remember it doing this-And yes, the scroll wheel is defective. It will randomly display numbers as you scroll up and down. I have been putting of replacing it, because I almost never use it anymore, and I'd rather keep the $200.
  • Boon
    Boon Member Posts: 260
    the bottom line of the user interface screen goes back and forth between reading scroll and set point

I'm pretty sure this is normal because my boiler has been doing it since I installed a few weeks ago. It is flashing to indicate you have two options....

"↓Setpoint" it is telling you that if you push down on the button you'll get to the setpoint menu.

"⤿⤸Scroll" is telling you that you can turn the wheel to see the next display menu.

Anytime you go to a different menu or setting the display will flash "↓<<something>>" to let you know that 'something' happens when you push the button down.
    DIY'er ... ripped out a perfectly good forced-air furnace and replaced it with hot water & radiators.
    ced48
  • ced48
    Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. With all of the glitches that went on during the installation, I guess I never noticed.
  • Boon
    Boon Member Posts: 260
    I'm curious to know what glitches you had. I had a couple. Feel free to PM me instead of posting off-topic.
    DIY'er ... ripped out a perfectly good forced-air furnace and replaced it with hot water & radiators.