Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler System filled with water

I just bought a new house. The water was turned off when we moved in. When the water company turned on the water, the manual fill was completely open on my boiler for about five full minutes until water started coming out of the overflow. The water company guy noticed and turned it off, but my boiler system completely filled with water by that time. To make matters worse, the boiler drain is clogged. Am I in trouble? The water is just sitting in there. I can't get it out and can't get someone to look at it for a week.

Comments

• Paul S_3
    Paul S_3 Member Posts: 1,261
    where are you located? does this boiler heat your domestic hot water? this should be an easy fix.....
    ASM Mechanical Company
    Located in Staten Island NY
    Servicing all 5 boroughs of NYC.
    347-692-4777
    ASMMECHANICALCORP@GMAIL.COM
    ASMHVACNYC.COM
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/asm-mechanical-company
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,722
    ChadV said:

I just bought a new house. The water was turned off when we moved in. When the water company turned on the water, the manual fill was completely open on my boiler for about five full minutes until water started coming out of the overflow. The water company guy noticed and turned it off, but my boiler system completely filled with water by that time. To make matters worse, the boiler drain is clogged. Am I in trouble? The water is just sitting in there. I can't get it out and can't get someone to look at it for a week.

There isn't an overflow. There is a pressure safety valve, but it would take ALOT of water to make that leak unless it was going bad already. Could you post a picture of where the water came out?

If your boiler drain is clogged you probably want the boiler serviced for sure. That indicates you have a ton of crud in the boiler that should be cleaned out. As Paul said where are you located and we may be able to recommend a good steam man in your area.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
    Paul S_3