Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What's this called?

Options
Hilly
Hilly Member Posts: 427
Is this fitting more of a HVAC style fitting? I have seen them a few times over the years but only ever on hydronics and never in a plumbing system. Friend sent me his find today because he'd never seen such a creature before.

Comments

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,672
    Options
    Looks like a sloppy mess to me.

However that's not helpful at all, let's see if I can get Charles Garrity to have a look.

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    Hilly
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,672
    Options
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • bob_46
    bob_46 Member Posts: 813
    Options
    I believe that's a watchamacallit I've made lots of them. If you need a special fitting or are too far from the supply house you break out the hole saw and the sil-fos walla a custom fitting.
    bob
    SWEI
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,132
    Options
    If there is a pump on the boiler, it looks to be a primary secondary loop with the branch secondaries off either side

Although pipe sizing is suspect?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Hilly
    Hilly Member Posts: 427
    Options
    @hot rod maybe it a textbook but certainly not around these parts hahaha. When trying to google I did find them on Allibaba from China and they were under HvAC but everything else I couldn't read. So thought maybe it was a specialized fittings for HVAC guys.