Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

It's About Time

HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 635
edited July 2016 in THE MAIN WALL
It's About Time

The time it takes to do the job matters in the heating industry

Read the full story here

SWEI4Johnpipe

Comments

• randallalbertson
    randallalbertson Member Posts: 3
    typical! it's a real problem when you've got a boss/supervisor who drives you with a gun and a whip, saying stuff like " don't do nice, do quick!", or when you walk in on a clean and service and see from the tag that the last 3 guys who were there before you were speed demons (who cut corners everywhere they could) and you sigh and settle in to do the servicing that they didn't do and yours. and when your vac has been running for awhile and the lady of the house taps you on the shoulder, and says " is everything alright? your vacuum has been on longer than the last 3 men put together!", how do you tell her that the last 3 guys didn't do a good job? say the wrong thing, and you've just entered a minefield where you either get punched out by your co-workers, or get called on the carpet by the boss, who just had to refund the customer's service plan. after 30 years of beating my head against that wall, I started working for myself, and haven't looked back, and my customers have been educated to tell the difference between good solid work, and what they got before.
    Timothy77HatterasguyGordy
  • Timothy77
    Timothy77 Member Posts: 15
    Congrats! Welcome to the way things should be and the way things were when people were honest. I found the same. When I followed behind co workers.
  • AMservices
    AMservices Member Posts: 610
    "You can have it good, you can have it fast you, can have it cheap. Pick two"
    I read that in "The Golden Rules of Hydronic Heating" by Dan Holohan
    Erin Holohan Haskell