Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

My first radius fitting...

Options
Tinman
Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
edited June 2016 in THE MAIN WALL
in about 10 years. It's kind of like riding a bike. A little wobbly at first but it comes back to you.

I had sold all my fabricating equipment years ago but in the last 2 months I've been getting killed on having someone else make custom made fittings for various jobs. So, I reinvested to a degree. It's the one thing I miss about that side of the industry, making fittings.
Steve Minnich
SWEI

Comments

• Paul S_3
    Paul S_3 Member Posts: 1,261
    Options
    nice job @Stephen Minnich
    ASM Mechanical Company
    Located in Staten Island NY
    Servicing all 5 boroughs of NYC.
    347-692-4777
    ASMMECHANICALCORP@GMAIL.COM
    ASMHVACNYC.COM
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/asm-mechanical-company
  • Tinman
    Options
    Thank you @PaulS. I had someone make 2 simple y-branch fittings for me last week. After I got the bill, I knew it was time to get an Easy Edger and a Slip Roll. The Slip Roll is the oldest one I've ever seen but it works fine.
    Steve Minnich
    Paul S_3
  • hvacfreak2
    hvacfreak2 Member Posts: 500
    Options
    Cool .

I worked in a shop many years ago. The old man that I worked under used to say " whoever named this thing " Easy - Edger " never had to ( bleeping ) use it ".

I once launched " The Radius Revolution " in the shop that I worked. I made every square heel / throat that was listed in a curved fashion. This lasted for a few days before it was squashed by management , lol. I miss having a shop to make stuff sometimes.
    hvacfreak

Mechanical Enthusiast

Burnham MST 396 , 60 oz gauge , Tigerloop , Firomatic Check Valve , Mcdonnell Miller 67 lwco , Danfoss RA2k TRV's

Easyio FG20 Controller

• Tinman
    Options
    Yea, it's fun and challenging. I use to have an edger on top of a Lockformer machine and that's a piece of cake. Doing it manually is an art.
    Steve Minnich
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,478
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I worked in a factor for over 30 years, even when I was in management you'd find me down in the machine shop building something before work or during lunch (ruined a few ties that way). Nothing fancy, just whatever I needed to perform a test or to fix something from home.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,626
    Options
    We make most of our tin as well. We just got a new shear, as the old one lost to much babbitt, & it's getting hard to find dinosaur hide to make new drive belts... The new one's Japanese IIRC.
  • bob_46
    bob_46 Member Posts: 813
    Options
    Nice work but a poor design .
    bob
    Hatterasguy
  • Tinman
    Options
    That depends. Sometimes an imperfect design is the best case answer to what field conditions dictate. But in this case, the fitting will likely never be used. It's 6" x 6" and I made it just to get back in the groove.
    Steve Minnich