Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Memorial Day for me at 76 years old is we have been at war all my life

Tim McElwain
Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
I was born November 30 1939 the day World War II started or close to that date. We have been at war my entire life it seems.

I did my duty from 1957 until 1966 in in the U.S. Navy, those were the cold war days. Vietnam broke out just as I was leaving the military and some of my buddy's went on to make the supreme sacrifice in that war. When will it ever end? What a price America has paid for our freedom please do not ever forget Freedom is not Free it has a price.
GordyRich_49Zman

Comments

• Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    once World War II got through our system it opened pandoras box for a military machine with serious economic benefits. The defense budget employs a huge working force. Not just our country.

I thank you
    Tim, and all who fought for our freedom, and made the ultimate sacrifice for it. That is what tomorrow is all about. However most who have fought, and not died still made ultimate mental, and physical sacrifices.

To many view Memorial Day weekend as party time. It's meant to be so much more......
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    http://youtu.be/0bt1ycpezn0

I found the above video fascinating. If you have the time worth watching.
    jonny88
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,162
    @BobC -- it's your number three point which has been our undoing. Whether this police action or that war (or whatever is the current euphemism in Washington) is or was good or bad or indifferent is a matter of opinion, and probably best not haggled over on the 'net.

But point number three? No argument there. If you are going to do it, do it. If you are not, don't start.

Semper Fi, and remember our men and women tomorrow.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Robert O'Brien
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,476
    @Jamie Hall They are always in my prayers. I hope they all come home safe.

If we send men in harms way we HAVE TO DO ANYTHING we can to make them whole when they come home. If it means my tax rate has to go up, so be it.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
    Robert O'Brien
  • warno
    warno Member Posts: 229
    I want to thank all the men and woman who have served and are serving. It's easy to forget and take for granted what we have here.

I hope for a safe trip home and full recovery from war to all military personnel.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
    God Bless you Timmie, God bless all current and retired Military and our War dead. Way too many Americans take it for granted...many of the younger generation under 40 couldn't even
    Tell you what the day is for. Mad Dog
    MikeL_2
  • GreenGene
    GreenGene Member Posts: 290
    Sadly most of the wars have been about corporate desires not our freedom, I find it disingenuous to use that description when the goal is an acquisition(s) and not our freedom.

WWII was probably the last justifiable war and last well managed one. Our military deserve better and if you're going to beat the drum Mr. or Mrs. Politician, you and your kids are going.

Defer this. ( use your imagination)