Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

individually metering a hydronic system for a 7-unit house built in 1860

AdamMackie
AdamMackie Member Posts: 1
I am about to attempt to individually meter a hydronic system for a 7-unit house built in 1860. anyone have any ideas on a book that might help me through this massive project? thanks!

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Give Badger a call.
  • The Steam Whisperer
    The Steam Whisperer Member Posts: 1,215
    Do a Google search for heat meters or BTU meters. I understand they are the norm in Europe but almost unheard of in the US. If steam just a plain old water meter ( rated for hot water) on the condensate returns will do.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,018
    There is a BTU/ Heat Metering standard being developed. Once in place meters will need to be built and certified to the standard.

Check with your State, if you plan on charging for energy you may need to be regulated by the Public Service Commission, and have certified metering equipment.

Most meter manufacturers are watching and waiting for the standard which looks to copy the European standard, and as such meters will be ready to go.

In addition to Badger, this company has a nice quality, affordable range of products and they could give you more info on metering as it relates to your application and location.

There were a number of global companies displaying metering equipment at this years AHR show, all getting in position for the standard acceptance.

http://www.onicon.com/Products.html
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833