Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

National Grid and Burnham

Rich_49
Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
Can anyone tell me whether National Grid allows the installation of anything other than Burnham equipment to qualify for rebates and incentives ?
You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
732-751-1560
Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
Rich McGrath 732-581-3833

Comments

• jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Great ?.Here is my encounter on Long Island.I know we don't discuss pricing etc but some Csn and occasionally it seems alright .When a customer applies to Grid for oil to gas they are given a whole list of burnham boilers including cost and rebate.There are 2 rebates one from grid the other through EE.Intetestingly their series 2 boiler I think is 82% eff so does not qualify for EE rebate however Grid compensates customer with a $900 rebate or their abouts.An ES2 or Alpine will get you about 450 from grid and 450 from EE.Now the plumber buys a territory for 1k and Grid give them leads.If I was to put in a Veissmann navien or any high eff boiler customer gets rebate of 450.I believe this is why I see so many series 2 and water heater installs done for 5k.Grid does not check contractors work all they want is their 1k per territory.Burnham must have deep pockets.
    SWEI
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,592
    jonny88 said:

Great ?.Here is my encounter on Long Island.I know we don't discuss pricing etc but some Csn and occasionally it seems alright .When a customer applies to Grid for oil to gas they are given a whole list of burnham boilers including cost and rebate.There are 2 rebates one from grid the other through EE.Intetestingly their series 2 boiler I think is 82% eff so does not qualify for EE rebate however Grid compensates customer with a $900 rebate or their abouts.An ES2 or Alpine will get you about 450 from grid and 450 from EE.Now the plumber buys a territory for 1k and Grid give them leads.If I was to put in a Veissmann navien or any high eff boiler customer gets rebate of 450.I believe this is why I see so many series 2 and water heater installs done for 5k.Grid does not check contractors work all they want is their 1k per territory.Burnham must have deep pockets.

Maybe related to all of the rotted out 3-10 year old steamers they refuse to honor the warranties on?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    Hatterasguy
  • Rich_49
    edited April 2016
    John . What or who is EE that you refer to ? What happens when someone wants to upgrade from an old CI 80%er to HE equipment , how does that work ?
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    732-751-1560
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    jonny88 said:

The gift card rebate is from Burnham, the EE(Energy Efficiency) rebate is from Nat Grid via the SBC on everyone's gas bill. Neither costs Nat Grid a dime. The rebates are $275-85%
    $300-indirect $400 -tankless $600- 90%

My advice, Jonny, is to forget about things you can't control and concentrate on those you can.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Rich_49
    edited April 2016
    There's the politics ! People doing nothing is exactly how this garbage became acceptable and overlooked .

Robert , Are other manufacturer's equipment allowed to be installed , and are they given the same amounts , less the Burnham bribe of course ? Can you shed any light on other than oil / gas conv , upgrade to HE equipment ?
    732-751-1560
    jonny88
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    I think other brands are available only for EE rebate.