Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Any Apple Guru's out there?

kcopp
kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
edited January 2016 in THE MAIN WALL
I just bought an Apple Ipad Air2 in December.
My wife yesterday did an update to the latest iOS version.
Since then there is no way to access the internet via WiFi.
The odd thing is the Wifi button is not just off but dark.

Tried turning on/off. Doing a reset w/ the home button and off button. Total reset...etc.

Any thoughts? Figured I would give you guys a shout since you know a lot about a lot....

ty,kcopp

Comments

• jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Hammer
  • kcopp
    jonny88 said:

Hammer

:o
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Hardware issue.

I had this happen to my i4 in an update. Took it in they said it was a hardware issue new phone. I said it worked before the update? How is that a hardware issue?
  • Gordy
    Did you back up your iPad before this update?
  • kcopp
    So the Ipad is junk?
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    The iPad is great! I've no problems. I do all my service invoices from my iPad and email a copy immediately to my customer. Google a description of the issue you're having and you will find the remedy very quickly.
    Steve Minnich
  • Gordy
    I have an iPad Air 2 no issues on any updates. Should be under warranty. But do,as Stephen says sometimes there is a resolution.
  • kcopp

The iPad is great! I've no problems. I do all my service invoices from my iPad and email a copy immediately to my customer. Google a description of the issue you're having and you will find the remedy very quickly.

Misunderstood the quote. She loves the ipad. just asking if this iPad was junk...no fixing it?
    Google gave some ideas about heating it w/ a hair dryer or putting it in the freezer... if it under warranty I don't want to have to explain that to them.
  • Gordy
    Don't do the freezer, hair dryer. That's last ditch effort for a out of warranty device. You don't want to cause condensation in the unit. Take it in.
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    edited January 2016
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    The only advice I could offer is I never update when it first comes out. I know you just bought a new one so you should. I usually wait a few weeks until Apple, and it's loyal fanatics work out the bugs....from fixing the bugs...
    My father-in-law just updated and his phone doesn't work at all. Had to take it back to Apple, where, they first do a reset, then a hard reset, then a full system reset. Then you have to take it home and restore from iTunes/iCloud.
    Always back up everything before updating.
    I don't consider your iPad junk at all. Take it back to the Apple Store (especially if you bought Apple Care). They'll either fix it or give you a new one
    steve
    Gordy
  • kcopp
    Well an hour and a half w/ Apple on the phone later. the Ipad is done. They are covering it under warranty and sending a new one.
    TY.kcopp
    TinmanErin Holohan Haskell