Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Poly Pro Venting....

kcopp
kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
edited January 2016 in THE MAIN WALL
Well The state of New Hampshire State Fire Marshal has pretty much said that PVC is no longer accepted as a venting material on a boiler or furnace that can produce a stack temp of more than 140F... not the worst thing that could happen by any means...but I don't want to get the whole PVC vs. PP debate started again that we had last year... :#
My question is that many of these wall hung boilers have the vent terminals that accept 3" pvc...Triangle tube, IBC, Greenstar, etc... looking at the Duravent Literature it does not appear that they have a transition part that has the same OD as 3" pvc pipe.
Am I missing something?
Either they need to come up w/ a transition fitting OR the boiler manufacturers will have to make a transition piece to accept the new PP vent.
Other thought is.... are the different manf. of this stuff interlocking or is it a system that you have to keep one w/ the other? With pvc you could use Charlotte pipe w/ Mueller fittings.
Any thoughts , insights, experiences welcome! TY.

Comments

• Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    I use innoflue pp venting Webb is stocking most of what you will need. The transition fitting is a bit pricey though to go from the gasketed pvc socket to pp.
    Aaron Hamilton Heating
    ahheating@ yahoo.com
    (207)229-7717
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    edited January 2016
    Thanks, Odd...
    FW Webb here in NH (dover) is stocking the Poly Pro by Dura Vent.

So... are they interchangeable?
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    PP does have that fitting. Don't remember it being anything crazy $.
  • mmjkr2345
    mmjkr2345 Member Posts: 1
    I have a question on how far I can vent my water heater to my concentric for my boiler side wall vent
  • Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    mmjkr2345 said:

I have a question on how far I can vent my water heater to my concentric for my boiler side wall vent

I would get as much as possible between them. Most manuals want at least a foot I believe.
    Aaron Hamilton Heating
    ahheating@ yahoo.com
    (207)229-7717