Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

what setting do I have wrong

maybemark
maybemark Member Posts: 1,131
Happy holidays to all
Lochinvar whn 085
I think I have my boiler set pretty well, though I still don't know how it will react when Chicago gets a real winter single digit days, or even below zero.

I do have a problem, and i can't seem to find it in the manual.
the boiler stays running in the upper 30%, but when it calls for hot domestic water. The tank gets it's set [oint and shuts off. But when the house is still asking for heat, I get a (message, set point met).
I imagine I have a setting wrong, but can't seem to find it, that i am doing wrong.
Any ideas or suggestion would be much appreciated.
Mark

Comments

• bmwpowere36m3
    bmwpowere36m3 Member Posts: 512
    Likely the DWH setpoint is higher than your space heating reset curve or target temp... so the boiler won't fire till it's temp drops and the heat is still calling.
    SWEI
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    +1
  • maybemark
    the DHW is higher, so my domestic wate comes out to around 130. but mt heating target is much lower. My house is very comfortable, but after the tank calls for the boiler, and reaches the temp, it's too high for the settings of my space heat

Gordy, you say +1, what are you referring too?
  • maybemark
    Is there a way to over come this? the DHW can be too high for a very long time, any suggestions to over come this problem?
  • bmwpowere36m3
    bmwpowere36m3 Member Posts: 512
    What's the problem? Because what you're describing is normal. Is the DWH set as priority? Should be by default, and such it ignores space heating till either DWH is satisfied or 30 min has passed.

When DWH is being satisfied, the system circulator/s should be OFF (with DWH priority). So that hot water is not circulating in your system, maybe only for a couple minutes after a DWH call is satisfied and there's is still a call for space heat.
    Gordy
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    edited December 2015
    Plus one is in agreement with another poster. In this case @bmwpowere36m3.

• maybemark
    ok, thank you very much.
    It seemed much longer than a couple minutes, but if this is normal, then that's fine
    Thank you very much
    happy holidays to all
    Mark