Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A DUMB QUESTION

bob young
bob young Member Posts: 2,177
WHAT IS PROCEDURE TO REMOVE BURNER TUBE W/ PILOT BURNER ASSEMBLY FROM SLANT FIN GALAXY HOT WATER BOILER. APPROX. 100,000 BTU 1980 VINTAGE SEEMS TO LOCKED TO MANIFOLD ORIFACE W/ CLIP. CHARITY JOB NATURALLY. JUST WANT TO REPLACE THERMOCOUPLE & GET OUT ALIVE WITHOUT BUYING THEM A NEW DAMN BOILER. I MEET THEM ALL. DO A FAVOR & GET BURIED ALIVE. LOL HELP !!!! LOL GETTING TOO OLD FOR THIS STUFF.

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2015
    You can pop that clip off and take the burner out like all of the others.

I always carry a short 7/16" x 3/8" box wrench to work on gas controls. It gets into tight spots pretty easily.
  • bob young
    thanx, bro. figured as much but gun shy to pull the trigger. aafraid could not replace clip or worse. carpaltunnel &artritis added to mix means i did not belong there !! i'll never learn !! lol
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Don't you just love doing favors! It always works out so well. My wife has a habit of volunteering my services at no cost to her friends. At the end of the day the only dirty one is me.
  • bob young
    i'm nuts enough to go back there for round two. i cannot let that clip beat me !!!
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Just in case you aren't aware, Once you take that clip off, you have to lift up on the back of that burner tube to slide it back, off of the orifice.
  • bob young
    THANX, FRED. I DO RECALL THAT PART !!! THANK THE LORD !! I KNEW I SHOULDA YANKED THAT DAMN CLIP OUT BUT , YEP NO NEEDLENOSE & NO TRUCK. JUST WENT IN MY CAR & IT WAS A LONG TRIP OVER THE BRIDGE WHERE I NEVER EVER WORK. I'LL GO BACK TOMORROW , ITS MY SWEETHEARTS SISTER SO I AM LOCKED IN. SOME THINGS NEVER END. B