Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

navien ch240

Options
happydave
happydave Member Posts: 79
Have ch240 with dead pump (internal). Ordered new pump, won't fit. Back female outlet on pump will not except male fitting on boiler. Seems to small, newer and older models different size? Believe I was sent a older pump, air vent is part of pump, mine has a replaceable vent. Customer without hot water for days now, wish someone stocked parts. Am I crazy or are they different?

Comments

• Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    I know those pumps are proprietary, but from my experience, Navien is extremely pro-service.Not surprised at changes, they have gone thru a lot. What's tech say?
  • happydave
    happydave Member Posts: 79
    Options
    Find out today, it was Saturday
  • Bob Bona_4
    Options
    They are available 7 days a week FYI.
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I find a lot of supply houses love to sell these units but as for parts your on your own.As stated Navien has gone through a lot of changes in the last 3yrs which worries me but I do find their support to be very good.Unfortunatly your customer does not want to hear this.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    As far as I know, no supply house stocks Navien parts. Because of the high percentage of returned warranty parts that weren't bad, Navien has gone to the system of requiring the service contractor to call tech support for a diagnosis and warranty authorization. The exception being that a Navien certified contractor can purchase repair kits that have parts for each unit and stock them that way.

Make them over-nite you the correct pump since they got this one wrong.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Options
    Bob's right. The support is so good, you'll get the part next day providing ducks are in a row.