Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need help with wiring up my Alpine 150

rukaj@yahoo.com
rukaj@yahoo.com Member Posts: 11
I have a alpine 150 and I need some help with finishing up the electrical wiring. I have two circuilating pumps, Taco and Wilo. The taco is my boiler pump and the Wilo is for the system circulating pump. I have two Honeywell zone vales and a water pressure sensor which needs to be wired.

i have connected the power and that's working....

on my boiler should i connect the wilo to the sys cir and taco to the blr cir ? i don't know what DHW Cir is ?

I have two themostats ... should i connect both to Heating T stat ?

And where do i connect my Honeywell zone vales ? they come with 4 wires... two red and two yellow?/

thanks

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    The manufacturers wiring diagram should give you this information.--NBC
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    gee maybe amazon.com can help?
  • rukaj@yahoo.com
    it does show one zone but I have two zones and I don't know if I should connect them serial as there is no other place on the main electrical board.
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Your best option is to hire a pro to do the work for you. You are at the point where, if you don't know what you are doing and don't have a clear comprehension of electrical diagrams, you will start ruining components.

It could get very expensive very quickly.
    GordyRobGRobert O'BrienZman
  • j a_2
    ZMAN, why the unlike post….
    Robert O'Brien
  • j a_2
    This type of question is not the intention,of what I believe is helping…This guy has no clue and thats fine,but we are not here to teach class….His question and the answers he gets will possibly lead him to trouble…Don’t you think if one is wiring a boiler and does not know simple terms such as DHW he may be just a wee bit over his head….I would also like to know what size home a 150k but boiler is for…If you own a house that big and can’t afford to hire a pro,something else is funny…I think so, but I could and have been wrong….If he’s wiring venting and putting the gas to it, oh oh
    Robert O'Brienjonny88
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Helping someone understand that the help they are seeking can lead to unintended consequences with out being fluent in what they intend to do. That is being helpful. Harvey was being helpful.
    Robert O'Brien
  • j a_2

He does realize he needs some help.

http://forum.heatinghelp.com/discussion/154656/looking-for-someone-in-the-hudson-valley-ny-area-alpine-gas-boilder#latest

Really no need to insult him about it.

</blockquote
    That was not an insult,in my opinion

• j a_2
    ops did not see the o p …That must be a big house,..
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Hatterasguy obviously he is in over his head.I know its heating help but come on .No insult intended but the best advice to him is to get a competent electrician.As Harvey said it can get expensive very quickly.
    j a_2
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561

Your best option is to hire a pro to do the work for you. You are at the point where, if you don't know what you are doing and don't have a clear comprehension of electrical diagrams, you will start ruining components.

It could get very expensive very quickly.

JA,
    This is an example of honest constructive advise.
    Your post, in my opinion was intended to ridicule the OP.
    I don't click "dislike" very often.
    Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • j a_2
    I am a plumber not a politician…..Your assumption was wrong…But thats o k….i like being a plumber
  • j a_2
    Unfair. No insult intended. Point was made... Still not see house size for 150 k
  • j a_2
    I don't see the insult... But again that's just me...End of subject...on public post
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    The way I look at it, we who live in glass houses should not throw stones. I'm not a carpenter, but I do my own carpentry. I'm not a roofer, but I replaced my own roof ect...... I try to do as much of my own work as possible. If I don't know how to do something I will often look to the web. I'll bet most of the folks here are the same way. If I feel that I am over my head I will ask or call a pro.
  • rukaj@yahoo.com
    Thanks for the comments. I assume I donned to connect the Dhw circulator as I am not using it for my hot water systems... I have two circulators one for the boiler and the other for the system..... I didn't use amazon for that but Google. And yes u am over my head but simply connecting these devices and running the wiring should be too hard. Not using system board I wanted to know how to wire the Honeywell zone and finally the low water sensor. Thanks for any feedback
  • RobG
    As was said in your other post: A switching relay like the Taco SR504 is the best way to clean up and simplify your low voltage wiring. If you can follow a wiring diagram it's pretty straight forward.
  • rukaj@yahoo.com
    I reviewed the circuit board and yes it seems "dummy" proof.. Lol... I'll go this route.... Once this is connected I'll call the alpine rep to review and certify the boiler
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    You would be better off with the ZVC404 . This board is a zone valve board .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • j a_2
    I have in the past installed many alpines..... Honesty never heard of caling a rep to certify...is that commonly
    done in your area?
  • jonny88
    After my installs I call serial number in to register boiler but I have never heard of a rep certifying a boiler over the phone unless maybe rep is going to the job.
    Well hope she is running good for you.
  • RobG
    I have had them come out on commercial jobs for commissioning when engineer specified that it be done. They charge for it but I include it in the bid.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
    Most of us do "cross-over" work especially in our own homes, but we have to know when we are in over our heads. A leaking roof or a bad spackling job would not be considered a life/safety hazard. That being said, our buddy here seems to be overreaching his boiler - wiring talents. Frying your own controls is YOUR business and out of your pocket, but what if it starts a fire? It can and has happened. Mad Dog
    j a_2jonny88
  • j a_2
    Never saw what happened about the sizing of the boiler, maybe I missed it.
  • Rich_49
    Nothing happened . The Op is still gonna wire up the too big boiler and will deal with the consequences .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    732-751-1560
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
    Hmmm silence is deafening. Insulting someone is better than not giving them proper warning, you say? Btw, what is "Op"? Mad Dog
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Op=origanal poster. Acronyms are pretty popular on the wall
  • j a_2
    Rich said:

Nothing happened . The Op is still gonna wire up the too big boiler and will deal with the consequences .

. How big is to big? Has the heat loss been posted? Just curious...

• Rich_49
    Heat loss has not been posted and quite probably was never performed . House is 2300 sf and has 70' of baseboard . If the house is a sieve it only needed a 92k boiler at 40 BTUh sf .
    Lack of qualified technicians is getting remarkably hard to overcome . In a world where everyone is crying about efficiency and mandating it yet there is few programs that the designers / installers are required to attend , this is a problem of magnitude . All the equipment in the world will not save a dime or a BTU if not sized and installed properly .
    Many of you that believe you know what you are doing and possibly really do , if you are not using buffer tanks when they are needed I am talking to you too .
    Many more who are using 3 and 4 pieces of equipment when the job can be done by one , don't exclude yourselves either . Lotsa geniuses on here giving tons of advice , and many are also lacking .
    Uninformed is forever . How's that for PC .
    732-751-1560
    Canucker
  • jonny88
    who is looking for pc.
  • jonny88
    Also I think you are correct in over designing,using to many components that are unnecessary so a rep can make his dime and I have had this out with a viega rep who tried to over complicate things.The more they sell the more they make irrelevant of the budget to homeowner.