Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Invitation to ALL...87th Annual Nassau County Borad of Plumbing Examiners Picnic

Mad Dog_2
Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
Folks: I want to invite ANYONE who visits here and can find Historic Oyster Bay on Wednesday 8 July 2015 to our famous picnic. The LIRR lets off RIGHT There! In past years, we have partied with Holohan Himself, Johnny White, Johnny NY from Gateway, Mark Hunt, Noel Kelly, Noel Murdough, Ron Jr., Mikey Brennan of Mazto-Pizza, The Hebrew Hammer aka Eric "Skippy" Altman, Jimmy The Gent Burke, Jake Greenwood and Frank Brecher (bring the ceeegars) of the always VERY generous Venco Sales and Many other Wallies. Meet the INSPECTORS.....and other big-hitter contractors of the county. We will have all the picnic regular fare plus clams on the half, desserts, ICE COLD BEER, horseshoes, raffles, giveaways, plumbing/heating SWAP SHOW. Our Beautiful lassies will be selling the raffle tickets.......Tickets will be $35 a head. Please follow our website for further details as date nears: www.plumbingexaminers.com Call me to reserve: 516.322.2881. Once again: ALL are welcome.....we LOVE to see lurkers show up....don't be shy!!!!!!! This picnic is always an eclectic mix of Plumbers, Heaters, steamfitters, manufacturers reps, inspectors, politicians, professional Irishmen, Gearheads, yuppies, Hipsters, bikers, and more...yet, it is a RELAXING afternoon. Mad Dog
Robert O'Brien

Comments

• Mad Dog_2
    First guest lining up:

1) Matt Mad Dog Sweeney
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Sounds fun!!
    If I lived up there, I'd definitely go!
  • Mad Dog_2
    `I would pour your first ICE COLD BEER, and set u up with Clams
    Harvey Ramer
  • Mad Dog_2
    Bring yo' fishin pole...the harbors right there! Great Shopping for the Wife on Main street and Audrey Ave....antiques, curio shops, cappuccino....nice jungle GYM for the kiddies.......
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    I'm in!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Ohhhhh. Yeah!!! Mr. O'brien.....the mod-con King of Eastern Long Island.....great. Mad dog
  • Mad Dog_2
    What happened to Ron Jr...I know I'm the prodigal son coming back After a long hiatus, but Ron Jr. MUST come......anyone have his contact info? Mad,Dog
  • Robert O'Brien
    Sent him an email
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Thanks Bob........
    Robert O'Brien
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    So I guess no inspections are getting done on July 8th? :#
    Robert O'Brien
  • Mad Dog_2
    Ha ha....not ALL go. You making the trip, Rob? Mad dog
  • RobG
    Sorry, but I'm in Virginia. It sounds like a fun time though. How do they choose who has to work, short straw, low man on the totem pole?
  • Mad Dog_2
    Well, rob, Nassau County has three huge townships, with 64 Villages within those three townships. So, there are somewhere in the neighborhood of 60-75 Inspectors. Not ALL come every year, so its never been an issue. Mad Dog
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Very much looking forward to it and getting to meet some local guys in the field.Thanks.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Cool...sounds like you're in? Mad dog
  • jonny88
    100 %.If anyone needs a place to stay for a night I have a spare room,not the Hilton but it has a bed.I live in Nassau.
  • Mad Dog_2
    We're lining up some great manufacturers to show their wares at the picnic. Some bring live fire demos on trailers.....lots of free stuff. Mad Dog
    Robert O'Brien
  • RobG
    edited May 2015
    Mad Dog said:

Well, rob, Nassau County has three huge townships, with 64 Villages within those three townships. So, there are somewhere in the neighborhood of 60-75 Inspectors. Not ALL come every year, so its never been an issue. Mad Dog

Yep, there is always someone who needs the hours more than the beer! :'(

How do they get away with beer at a government function? They quit doing that here for liability purposes years ago. Hell, your lucky if a company picnic has beer anymore.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Geez, Robert, I wont be telling ya any state secrets!!!!! Nope, we are a not for profit corporation. This is a relaxing afternoon...usually hot but with a nice breeze blowing up from Sagamore Hill, T.R.'s Summer White House. This is picnic bbq and mini trade show. Folks have a few beers over the course of 6 or 7 hours and we have NEVER had anyone get stewed, and if we did, they wouldn't get past ME. Additionally, anyone who comes, takes the day or afternoon off.
    Robert O'BrienRobG
  • Mad Dog_2
    I repeat, NOT a gov't function.
    Robert O'BrienRobG
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Mad Dog.....I didn't want to seem stupid.....so I searched for the meaning of " BORAD".....Now I feel really stupid...lol
  • Mad Dog_2
    Ha ha. Are u guys drinking already? I'm gonna invite Borat......Sascha baron Cohen is on speed dial...Mad dog
    jonny88
  • Mad Dog_2
    Paulie......u comin? Bring Rocky and Mick, heh? Mad dog
  • AlCorelliNY
    AlCorelliNY Member Posts: 63
    I could be coaxed into crossing the Bridge...

Did you say Ron Jr is coming?
    Al Corelli

• Mad Dog_2
    Where the H#!!/!! Is that boy? Been a long time. Albert, I Will pay the toll if u go
  • Mad Dog_2
    Calling all cars, calling all cars. ..gonna put an APB out on...Noel Kelly, Ken Resnick, Tim Doran, et al....
  • Mad Dog_2
    Think I gotsta go on LinkedIn to send out the call for reinforcements.....
  • Mad Dog_2
    Chuck Shaw!!!!######
  • Mad Dog_2
    The latest. Attraction: The one and only Mike Barry will be performing. .his one man acoustical show....this boy can play it all AND.........will work the crowd. He'll take your favorite song and weave your story in to it. From James Taylor to Paul Simon to GET THE Led out.....don't miss it. Mad Dog
  • RobG
    MD, did you become an inspector after closing up shop or are you just promoting the event.
  • Mad Dog_2
    No. Still JUST an installer. Long time member of the board....just trying to keep the ship sailin. Mad dog
    RobG
  • Mad Dog_2
    Weekend update: The Great Instructor, Ken Resnick will be in attendance! This is shaping up nicely...still waiting on Ron Jr....Mad dog
    Robert O'Brien
  • Mad Dog_2
    Ok, just finished our picnic - planning dinner. We have Viega setting up a table at the picnic. They will have many demos and giveaways. We have Legendary New York City Plumbing Licensing Guru Manny Troise and his protege Sal coming to Oyster Bay to tell you about how they can prep you to not only pass, but ROCK
    Your licensed master plumbing exams in Ling Island and NYC. Mad dog
    jonny88
  • Robert O'Brien
    Looking for more vendors?
  • jonny88
    who did you speak to at Viega?
  • Mad Dog_2
    Robert: yes, but only if they are NOT competitors of our existing picnic sponsors. We don't want to "diss" the folks that have supported the picnic all these years. If you have some in mind, please email me privately, thanks for lookin out. M D
  • Mad Dog_2
    Jonny. We had Don Schnik...fine young lad. Very sharp kid. Knows his product. We had a nice chat. Had some other tings in common..Turns out he played a little Rugby in college...my kinda guy. Mad Dog
  • jonny88
    Rugby now your talking.set up a game
  • Mad Dog_2
    Ha ha...nope Jonny... Played my last match in '97 when I was 30. My good friend Conan "The Barbarian" Ford and I "whored" a game {rugby vernacular for jumping in an ongoing match...great for beginners or guys who arent active part of a team anymore}. My wife was with Child (Matt Jr.) and she said,,,".....enjoy your last match 'cause this is your LAST one!" Well have Volleyball, horseshoes, BEER....and Ill bring a rugby ball for a toss....Mad Dog
  • Mad Dog_2
    Ok...kids...its a month away...who's comin????? Mad Dog