Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heat Loss calculator

Options
chris87
chris87 Member Posts: 9
Does anybody have a good link/program for a good heat loss calculator to size a heating system? Thanks

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Only complaint I have with the Slant/Fin program is that you cannot give the windows a cardinal direction. You posted this in the steam section. Are you replacing a steam boiler? If so, a heat loss is not necessary. You'll need to measue radiators to get the correct boiler size.
  • chris87
    chris87 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Opps didn't mean to post this in steam, no its natural gas hydronics. Thanks for the calculator much appreciated
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    If you need help, I've been known to do heat load calculations for people.
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    I'm curious. Are most guys recommending Slant-Fin's calculator because it's readily available for anyone to use? And free?
    Steve Minnich
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options

I'm curious. Are most guys recommending Slant-Fin's calculator because it's readily available for anyone to use? And free?

That, plus the fact that it's potentially comprehensible for a homeowner.
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    Gotcha. Makes sense.
    Steve Minnich
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,673
    Options

What do you recommend?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,520
    Options
    It's free, it works, it's accurate. Works for me